Holding On

HEY GUYS..... KNOW HOWBI SAID THAT I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO UPDATE FOR A FEW FAYS COZ OF EXAMS, BUT I WROTE BITS AND BITS OF THIS CHAPTER, EVERYTIME I TAKE A SMALL BREAK IN BETWEEN STUDYING. SI HERES A COMPARATIVELY SHORTER CHAPTER, JUST TO GIVE some OF THE AMOUR FEELS YALL HAVE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME FOR :D

ASHS POV

"ash you cant leave", Serena cried. I could see it in her eyes, glistening from the tears that were tumbling down her cheeks like a waterfall. Pain. Fear. Hopelessness. Little did she know, or maybe she did, i was feeling these same things as well. i didn't want to leave her, but it had to be done. I couldn't bear to see her get hurt. Not knowing that there was something that i could've done to save her. I cant !! I was afraid. I didn't want this to be the last time i would ever see her, but its what had to be done. I had to sacrifice myself. To save her.

"im sorry Serena", i blankly replied and swiftly turned around, closing my eyes. A tear running down my cheek. I immediately ran towards the edge of the building, preparing to jump. This was it. That would be the last time i would ever see Serena...

"ash no !", she yelled, but it was too late, i had already took that devastating leap. That whole moment. It was. It was as if time itself had stopped. I literally felt as if i had been suspended there in the air. I could only hear serenas voice. "ash no". That would be the last thing i would ever hear from the angel in disguise that she is. Immediately time jumped back to its normal pace and i felt that hollow feeling in your stomach that you feel when you go down on a rollercoaster. Only this time, you really know that you're really gonna die riding it. Well if what i was doing was riding a roller coaster... ... I looked down and saw that i was falling directly into the most conveniently placed fire. I braved myself for impact, though the whole point of this was to, you know, kill myself. Its kind of a involuntary action okay !

I banged my chest hard into the pavement below as i fell face-first. I could clearly hear the sound of what seemed to be thousands of cracking bones. I could t bear the pain and i just layed there, surrounded by the flames. Legions loud screech was heard as it fell onto the ground. Though in pain, this brought a smile on my face. Serena was now safe. Thats all that mattered. No matter the price that had to be paid. Who knew that, legions screech would be the last thing i saw before everything went black.....

"ash".

"ash wake up".

"wake up !", a loud and threatening, ghost like voice was heard, as the image on Serena being killed flashed before my eyes, waking me up in shock. I looked around me, checking the surroundings, still panting in shock of the image i just saw. I wasn't really scared of the weird voice or anything. It was. Serena... Did something happen to her. Why am i here. In this room of white. It was literally white everywhere. White walls, ceiling, floor. It felt like you could fall any minute.

"so you're awake", a much more plesant, calming voice said. The voice could actually be heard from all directions which was pretty weired. I hastily turned everywhere to see where it was comming from.

"who are you. What happened to Serena !", i yelled put enraged.

"Serena is fine. Im sorry about the nightmare. I just had to give you one. It was the only way to awaken you", the voice camly stated.

(YEAH I KNOW THAT DARKRAI GIVES THE NIGHTMARES, BUT THE THING TALKING TO ASH PROBABLY CREATED DARKRAI, SO ITLL PROBABLY HAVE THE POWER TO DO SO TOO RIGHT ? YEAH...... YOU PROBABLY FIGURED OUT TO WHO ASH IS TALKING TO... .. . EVEN IF HE DOSENT........ ITS MY BOOK. I GIVE HIM THE POWER TO DO SO XP)

"who are you !", i yelled again. I didn't really care what this fool said. I wanted proof. And why aren't i dead. Why am i here ?

"well i thought that I was an old friend. Well i guess it is pretty foolish not telling you what's going on", the voice said, from what before seemed like all around me, to right behind me, causing me to turn around swiftly.