Chapter 1

The sun was shining, birds were chirping and the Candy People were playing. And I despised it. At the moment, anyway. I mean, who gets up at 7 in the morning just to play with a little ball?

"Fiona! Get up, sweet cheeks!", Cake shouted.

"I don't wanna!", I whined.

"I made bacon pancakes!", she bribed.

"I'm up!", I screeched, flying out of bed and grabbing my clothes to put them on.

Cake just laughed at me as I rushed to get downstairs. I rolled my eyes at Cake, but mainly at myself. As promised, a stack of fluffy bacon pancakes sat waiting for me on the kitchen counter. A Cheshire cat grin spread over my face. I ran to the deliciousness and gobbled them down. Cake left strawberries next to the pancakes in a bowl. I reached for one, but it began floating in the air. It turned gray and dropped back down, hitting me on the head. I stood up and walked a little ways from my plate.

"Marshall Lee Abadeer! Will you go somewhere else and find your own food?", I growled.

A laugh sounded through the air.

"Aw, you know I could never do that! You'd miss me too much.", Marshall teased.

Suddenly his face appeared right in front of mine. I screeched and hopped back in surprise. He was clutching his stomach in laughter.

"What the hay hay, Marshall?!", I cried.

"Your face was priceless!", he said through fits of laughter. I rolled my eyes and walked back to my breakfast.

"Stupid butt head.", I muttered.

"What was that?", he taunted, showing that he had heard me. I spun back around.

"I said that you're a stupid butt head! Now get out!", I huffed. Marshall simply chuckled and picked up his umbrella from the corner. How did I not notice that was there? How the heck did he get in, anyway?

"I got in the house because somebody doesn't lock the door.", he smirked. Oh pickles, did I say that out loud?

"Pickles? Really? Yeah, unless I can read minds now, you said all that stuff out loud.", Marshall teased.

With a final wave, he flew out of the front door. I turned to see Cake glaring at the door Marshall just left through. He's not all that bad to me, just a little annoying, but Cake really doesn't like Marshall. The phone rang and Cake answered. All I could hear was Cake's side of the conversation.

"Uh huh.....Of course.... That's fine. We'll be over in a second!", she hung the phone up and looked at me. "We have to help the Fluffy People get a couple kids out of a tree. Nothing big."

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!", I exclaimed.

Little did I know that there was something big going on.