Chapter 74

Lexa's POV

To be honest, I am extremely nervous. I have something to ask Clarke, and I do not know how she will react. In case it is as bad as I am fearing, I have excused us from my parents. We walk back to our tent hand in hand.

As soon as we are in our tent, Clarke turns to me. "What's wrong, Lexa? Clothes aren't something you concern yourself with and I can tell that you're nervous about something. So what's wrong?"

"Nothing." I say quietly. She is already reacting negatively. Oh, gods, I knew this was a bad idea.

"Lexa." Clarke gives me a hard stare.

"Clarke." Do not waver. I am the Commander, the Great Uniter. Do not waver. She glares at I wither under its heat. "It is nothing bad."

"That doesn't mean it's good. So tell me. What's wrong?" I can hear the concern in her voice and relent. I do not like worrying her.

"I just have a question to ask you. It is something I have thought about often, and after the war I think it may be a good time." Clarke raises her eyebrows slightly and I flush, realizing that I am rambling. Only Clarke could do this to me. "Would you like to rule alongside me and have your people become the 13th clan in the Coalition?"

Clarke grins, her entire face lighting up with happiness. "That sounds amazing!" She leans in and kisses me gently. It is a short yet sweet kiss that calms me. "It's up to my people, but I'm all for it. And I think they'll agree with me."

I smile, leaning in again and kissing Clarke. Just as I am about to get lost in the feel of her, the tent rustles. The door has been opened.

"Yeah, get it, Princess!" Raven cheers as we pull apart.

Octavia comes in and sees us still close together. She smirks, "I wondered why Raven was shouting. Take off your dirty clothes and put on new ones. You two can have sex after the celebration."

"Or during, if you're into that." Raven says, grinning wickedly.

"We weren't-" Clarke tries protesting.

"Sure you weren't. We'll leave now, but Commander, help her destress later. She needs it." Raven walks away, cackling.

Octavia follows her, laughing when Clarke gives them both the middle finger. I have learned of this from Clarke. It is apparently something Sky People do as a "fuck you" as they say.

"Sorry for them. I think they're excited that I'm dating someone that actually deserves my time." Clarke apologizes.

My heart skips a beat at her words. I love when she casually refers to us as dating or girlfriends. While I am not certain that I am deserving of her, I am sure that Flinn or whatever his name was did not deserve to be in her presence. I have heard about him from Clarke and Raven. He treated them both horribly.

I kiss Clarke's nose before moving towards the storage area where my other set of armor is kept. I smile to myself when I see her blushing out of the corner of my eye.