Chapter 6

I knew she was right of course. It was my fault my dad was dead. My phone went off. It was from an unknown number. "Hello?" I said my voice sounded shaky even to me. "I might have failed one drive by but don't think it'll happen again. I get what I want." The phone went silent and it fell from my hand. I knew exactly who it was and that he was out to get me. I went to Katie's house and knocked on her door. She answered saw it was me and went to closed the door until she realized that I had mascara running down my face. She opened up but I didn't go in. I stood outside and that's when it  started to rain. "Katie I came just to say I was sorry in person for anything and everything." She just stood there staring at me at me. I turned to leave and she grabbed my arm and hugged me. I just stood still letting the rain wash over us. I finally wrapped my arms around her also. We hugged for what felt like five minutes. She let go and went back inside closing the door with a look like defeat in her eyes.

          Next was Bryson's house. I knocked on the door but no one answered. JAZ: Hey I'm at your house. when will you be home? I waited. BRYSON: Soon. Just wait. I laid down in my car and must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew was that someone was knocking on the window and woke me up. I got out and step into Bryson. He put his arm around me and we went inside. He brought me some coffee and I sat on the couch. "Okay spill it why are you here?" I looked up. "What I can't just stop by and say hi?" I smiled but it was obviously fake, there was no denying it. Even my eyes felt empty."Bullshit! Don't make the Queen cough I have to be in tip top shape." He smiled but it instantly went away when he saw I didn't "Okay so why are you here?" I just drank the coffee. "Please talk to me?" I looked down and knew this was a mistake. I got up walked over to him and kissed his cheek. "Don't worry love, I'm fine. Gotta be going now." I walked into the kitchen and put the mug on the counter then walked out. I knew I had one more thing to do. I was going to be the hardest one yet.