Part 3

DAN POV

It took me 3 hours to finally steady my breathing, but when I did and I finally went into the hallway to greet Phil, pretending I didn't know anything of that night's events, my breaths quickened as I saw him again, that night's recollections replaying in my mind.

"Hi Dan!" However even Phil, who was absolutely flawless, clearly had something else on his mind right now- was it guilt? It must have been because, remember Dan, he doesn't like you. He's straight. I immediately got lost in his gorgeous, inexplicable eyes, the brightest and prettiest blue you'll ever see. As if possessed by his charm, I stayed staring at him for a few seconds, but he started to look uncomfortable and I quickly looked away. He then followed me to the kitchen, where I started preparing two coffees for us, noticing this time how he was watching my every move with admiration. When I was finished, I gave him one of them, careful to watch his face and reaction when we touched, as I made sure we did. He inhaled very sharply and took a slight step backwards. His face flushed bright red and he thanked me without looking into my eyes, and then went into the lounge to sip at his coffee. I smiled triumphantly to myself as I realized that the man I love might actually have a crush on me.

PHIL POV

I was a mess. 

That night's events had really messed with me, emotionally. I now knew that I didn't just love Dan. I was in love with him.

I decided to order some Chinese food to make me feel better. I ordered some for me and Dan online, and then settled down on the sofa. I suddenly felt very tired, as I had had almost no sleep the previous night. The last thing I remembered was lying down on the couch and instantly feeling incredibly relaxed. The next thing I know, however, I am still lying on the sofa, yet I now have blankets and cushions surrounding me. Dan must've done it. I suddenly felt the butterflies in my stomach awake again. Speaking of him, I didn't know where he was. I wandered around the house until I heard laughter coming from the door. I approached cautiously and hid behind the nearest wall.

"Umm... sure!" Dan. It was Dan. Who the hell was he talking to? The sound of paper tearing reached my ears. Whoever it was had handed Dan a note of some kind.

A girl answered. "So, here's my number, let me know when you want to meet up, I'll look forward to your call! Nah-ah! You're not paying for that. This one's on me."

"Ok, thanks! See you later!"

The door slammed.

I stood in shock, realizing the last little rays of hope that he might be gay and might like me had just been destroyed forever. I slowly slid down the wall as the realization hit me, and I felt my heart crumble. Dan walked into the lounge, and put down the Chinese food I had ordered and the note on the table. He then walked to the kitchen and I heard the tap go on, and the sound of hands being washed. He clearly didn't see me sitting against a wall, depressed, my whole world falling apart- or did he? Did he not even care about me, at all? I immediately reached over and grabbed the note, then ran to the bathroom and threw up. I then didn't think it twice- I ran to my bedroom and locked the door.