Part 6

PHIL POV

I woke up all tucked up in bed when I remembered I was hugging Dan when I fell asleep. What happened? Where was Dan? Was it all a dream?

I got up and lazily walked to the door. When I opened it, Dan was waiting for me. He took my by surprise, and I jumped back, but mainly from the overwhelming feel of the butterflies in my stomach. He had brought me a coffee.

"Aww, thanks Dan!" I took a few long sips and then set it on my table while Dan looked at me expectantly.

"What?" I asked, confused.

Then, it all really hit me. No need to get your hopes up, Phil, He's with Sophie, remember?

And before I realized I was going to, I burst into tears again. Dan didn't even hesitate; he hugged me again, so close to him this time I could hear his heartbeat thumping against his chest- or was that mine, screaming to be heard, beating in my ears in excitement to finally be so close to Dan? I look up at him, but didn't have time to react as he suddenly slammed his lips onto mine. I was so in shock I didn't react in time. Within 2 seconds, however, he backed away quickly, dropping me. "I'm so sorry, Phil!" he said, alarmed. The look on his face clearly showed he was terrified, and he turned around sharply. I grabbed his wrist before he could go, and turned him slightly towards me, so he was facing me. His eyes were shining with tears, and I felt my heart break. He wriggled out of my grip and sprinted to his room, slamming the door.

I ran after him. "Dan!" I rattled his door, expecting it to be locked, but it wasn't. He was under his bed covers, sobbing loudly. "Dan!" I repeated.

I lifted his bed covers to find him curled up into a ball, weeping into his pillow.

DAN POV

I didn't dare to look up. He was right next to me, and he was going to either kick me out, or leave himself. I could just feel it.

I braced myself and looked up. I was surprised he was also crying, silent tears running down his face. He unexpectedly wiped a tear from my cheek. He suddenly leaned forward and pressed his lips onto my forehead, trying to reassure me, but I couldn't stand being so close to him and not kissing him. I knew I shouldn't, because I knew he didn't like me back, as he didn't react last time and just looked shocked. But I didn't know if that was shocked because he liked me, or shocked because he was straight and didn't like me at all. All I knew was that I couldn't help it, I loved him too much.

I tilted my head upwards so his lips hovered over mine, but before I could make the move, he slammed his lips onto mine. I kissed him back hard, my hands around his neck, pushing him closer towards me. The butterflies in my stomach were inexplicable, and all I could hear and see was Phil and I entwined together. His hands were tangled in my hair, and after a few minutes I broke the kiss, panting. He leant his forehead on mine, looking at me in a way that told me that he loved me, and would never let me go.