Beauty isn't everything

Even though today wasn't the greatest day, I'll still smile and say, "I'm okay." I hope that one day I'll mean what I say, but for now, I'll pretend to be okay.

I'll still be kind to the man behind the counter who seems to be a bit of a downer. I'll smile and wave, I'll step out of my cave, I'll do all I can to behave, and I'll try not to be overcome by the things that I crave.

How long must I wait? Soon, it will be too late. I keep making mistakes. This is more than I can take. Can anyone else relate?

I want to feel cherished. Please, before I perish. I want to be sacred; I'm sick of all this hatred. I want to feel the love from the God above, but when push comes to shove, I'm unworthy of that kind of love.

I'm sick and tired of being caught in a crossfire between guilt and grace; love and hate. The deepest, inmost desire of my soul is to destroy the very one I despise, the father of all lies: Satan.

Beauty isn't everything.

Photoshopped, all size zeros, these are the ones we call our heroes. What more need I say? You people need to see the light of day because, the truth is, this is not okay.

We are not made to be identical clones sold on big, fancy shelves. We are made to be ourselves with all the whistles and all the bells. We aren't made to be perfect, but that doesn't mean we aren't worth it.

So stop trying to achieve this thing we call perfection because it's only causing an enormous infection. Beauty is nothing but a deception, so for it, do not make any exceptions.

Beauty isn't everything.