Chapter 8 - Shifting

Happy llama sad llama
Mentally disturbed llama
Super llama drama llama
Big fat mama llama
Llama llama llama
Who is this big llama
Starting all this drama
Its me bitch.

#twaimz_for_life

Onto the chappie!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

"Blah blah blah. Serena, quite frankly, I don't care whether it's dangerous. You'll trust me to fight a demon, but not play an unknown sport," Alyssa complained while finishing her pushups in the training room. "I told you, your asthma might act up," Serena explained exasperated.

The argument only ended when they both agreed that they should have Madam Pomphrey at every practice and game. They showered and changed, then headed back to the common room. As they passed a statue of a hunch backed lady, someone called to them.

They turned around and saw Professor McGonagall. Alyssa stopped to let her catch up. "Dumbledore wants to see you both in his office," the professor puffed.

She started to nod, then stopped. "How do you get to Dumbledore's office?" The young dragon slayer asked, turning slightly pink. Professor McGonagall sighed and gestured for them to follow her.

An odd group they were, but it didn't matter. The group walked at a speedy pace until they reached an old Griffin statue. Alyssa stared at it confused. Why were they here?

Professor McGonagall must have seen her confusion because she began to explain. "I don't know quite why, but Professor Dumbledore has requested for you to see him in his office," she said.

She quickly said something that Alyssa didn't catch, and a set of moving stairs appeared. Her eyes widened in surprise. In Fiore, they didn't have anything like that.

Before she could think more into how that worked, Professor McGonagall ushered them onto the stairs. Alyssa started to climb, but McGonagall stopped her. Suddenly, the stairs started to move up, fascinating her further.

They eventually reached the top, and stepped off. The professor knocked on a large, old mahogany door once, and behind it a voice called out, "You may enter." Silently the door opened, and Alyssa entered, squeezing Serena a bit out of nervousness.

Professor McGonagall left and the two were alone, from what she could see. She blinked and suddenly Dumbledore was there. Her jaw dropped. How had he done that? He chuckled and gently closed her mouth.

"Let's get down to business," he said. "I know that you are from a place called Fiore. You Alyssa, are a dragon slayer, and you Serena are an exceed. After finding out about Fiore and your special case, I researched a bit about the two of you, and I discovered some interesting facts." Dumbledore seemed calm, which was the total opposite of Alyssa and Serena. Did he know about the accident?

He didn't seem to notice the panic radiating off of them, and continued. "Apparently exceeds can transform to a human form. But this only lasts for as long as they have magical power, and it takes a while to master. I can help Serena learn to transform into a human form, but you wouldn't be able to see each other for a while."

Alyssa's eyes widened. Not see each other? What if Serena got hurt, or homesick or had a nightmare? She was about to say no, when something happened that she didn't expect.

Serena agreed.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
An hour later, Alyssa left sadly. She wouldn't see her exceed for a week. This was a big difference. Nothing had ever separated them that long.