Chapter Thirty-Five; Mixed Emotions

Hi again! To celebrate 3,000 reads and how awesome you guys are (Yes, you!), we're writing a chapter from Jason's POV. Enjoy!

Jasons POV:

I watched Melanie's face fall as I told her the news that I had mixed feelings about and knew that this wasn't going to be as easy as I had thought it might be.

"Y-you what?" Tears welled up in her soft, chocolate brown eyes and I wanted nothing but to hold her in my arms and tell her that what I had said wasn't true.

"I have to go away for two weeks, Mel. This is a great oppurtunity for me to expand on my Lawyer skills, and take after my father. I really don't want to leave you all alone but-"

"Then why are you going away? Huh?" She shouted at me in an unstable voice,

"Because I really want to be a lawyer. It's always been my dream and you know that." I looked at her sadly and just as the first tear slipped out of her eye, I pulled her into my embrace and let her sob into my shoulders.

I brushed her hair out of her eyes and sighed, "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" She nodded hesitantly, "And how much I will always love you, whatever happens?" She sits up out of my hug and narrows her eyes,

"You're trying to soften me up aren't you?" I grinned at her, my clever little Mel, "Well I love you too, Jase. You know that." We pulled into a quick kiss, her tongue just softly grazing mine before she pulled away, smirking. 

"You have to earn your next kiss, if you're going to be leaving me all by myself for two weeks.." I growled at her teasing comment and brushed it off,

"Come on. You need some rest if you're going to college tomorrow." Mel nodded, some of her dark hair falling past her face like a curtain before she turned away and lay down to sleep. I wrapped my arms around her waist and fell asleep.

The rest of the week passed in a blur, and before I knew it, I was leaving Melanie, and I felt terrible for it. And the only company she'd have all the time was.. Jared. I still hadn't forgiven him for what he did to her, even though she had put it in the past and forgiven him, because it was in her kind nature to do so.

I really didn't want to leave but there were some French solicitors meeting me and my associates in London, halfway between us, to discuss some plans for a possible new chain of legal courts around the world which would be a great oppurtunity for me, and later Mel too, to get a good reputation, which you needed to be a lawyer.

"I'll miss you." Melanie said, digging her chin into my shoulder while she hugged me. Today she was wearing this cute short shorts and a baby blue tank top, and her hair was pulled into two high ponytails either side of her head. She was absolutely adorable and I wouldn't be there to stop similar thoughts going through other men's minds.

"I'll miss you more." I kissed her forehead, as I knew that she wouldn't let me kiss her full on yet because of her new teasing game and she smiled up at me.

"Bye, Love you."

"I love you too, Mel."

That was the last time I spoke to her before my trip, and before I knew it, the taxi was honking at me to hurry up and I was driven away from my house and away from Mel, who waved at me until I dissappeared completely from her sight, and her from mine. I regretted doing this already, but I blocked the negative thoughts.

I had paid for a first class ticket as I liked to drive in style, so I was whisked through the airport by two officials in suits and given a coffee while I waited for my plane. As I walked through the last bit of passport control before I got on the plane, the lady there smiled at me and winked,

"Any ladies waiting for you in London, sir?" She wiggled her eyebrows and I had to laugh at her choice of question,

"Actually, I'm leaving her here in California." The lady nodded and smiled, but this time, her smile didn't quite reach her eyes and this made me frown as I lay back in my seat. I plugged in my headphones, ignored the 'no electronics' notice and relaxed, all my thoughts about Melanie taking over.

________________________

Two men who meant business met me later that evening in the office, their mouths both pulled into thin lines as they shook hands with me and my two collegues, who were a man called Eugene and, something Mel would not agree with, Caroline, or "Miss Fakeness" as Mel liked to call her, who is here because her parents are close to mine. There I go again, talking about Mel.

Me, Eugene and Caroline sat opposite the two french men and we all clasped our hands together. I could have died from boredom at that moment.

"So, where shall we start?" One man, I think he was called Mr. Francesco asked,

"Like, can I, like, go do my makeup?" Caroline asked and the rest of us sighed and let her go. She threw me a flirty smile before flouncing off, skirt way too high up her bum.

"Err, where do we want to set up the law firm?" I suggested and the others murmered in agreement.

"How about a fusion across Europe, South and East Asia and The Americas?" Eugene said and again, we all nodded and the other french man apart from Mr. Francesco took out a notebook and began to take notes.

We had got a good base over the fifteen minutes that Caroline took for our law firm and I thought we were pretty much on track as we sat back in our chairs and watched Caroline stumble subtly on her too tall heels, with (if possible) double the makeup that she had originally had on.

"So, now how do we want to maximise success?" I asked,

"Erm, duh! We seduce the guys, it always works!" Caroline smiled and twirled a piece of hair around her pinky finger.

"No, Caroline. We should take spare time to plan out our cases with foolproof arguements. Then We'll win." Eugene sighed at her and she brushed a finger up my arm, giggling,

"Yeah! Thats what I meant too." Caroline nodded like she made sense. I shook my arm off her hand and she frowned and pouted.

"Let me and Jasey have a chat for a second." She threw a flirtatious look at the french men, who looked appalled and dragged me out of the room.

"You still hung up over that boring Mel? I mean, she has such boring brown hair.. brown eyes.. You want me way more." I gave her a disgusted look, shook my head and stormed out of that room, back to where Eugene was. 

"You can handle this mate. I have a girl to go to." The men all looked intrigued but understanding and I did what I should ahve done to start with.

I went back to my girl.