Chapter Four; Is this a dream?

I smiled at Jared thankfully as he led me back towards the spot where he had found me earlier, I was so tempted to just turn around and run, run so far, free like a bird, then I wouldn't have to turn back to my past, turn back to him.

Once we arrived to the spot, I had expected him to stop, but he continued walking, and my eyebrows were raised, I was confused, why on earth was he coming?

"Uhm, Jared, you don't have to take me any further?" I said with a questioning end,

"Listen I'll explain in a second Melanie, I'm confused myself..."

The confused look never left my face. I felt as if those big stone walls were now closing in on me, when we reached the door, I was about to knock but Jared just walked straight in. Why was he doing this? Maybe he knew Jason...

I was about to ask why he had just barged in, but all of a sudden my thoughts were interrupted because I came face to face with another gorgeous guy, one which was beyond beautiful- Jason.

Jason had changed so much, I realised, he was so tall and coincidentally, I only reached his shoulders. His body was so muscled underneath his tight, short sleeved shirt, he had messy dark brown hair which somehow he managed to look amazing, his jaw line was clearly traced which enhanced his features making them more manly, his lips were plump yet perfect and his eyes were the most memerable, those icy sea blue ones, they could get you hypnotized. Literally.

"I see you two have met?" Jasons husky voice spoke which sent my knees wobbling,

"Yeah we have!" Jared spoke harshly and Jason returned it with a glare.

"Uhm.. Should I know whats going on here?" I said looking anywhere but Jason

"Jason is my step brother.." I gasped. Why hadn't he told me this before? Maybe he had just thought 'Well, she's gonna find out anyway..'

"How? Y-your parents, that, how, that doesnt make, um sense?" I said stuttering over almost every word. I hid a shameful blush and was consumed with anger.

"My dad slept with his mum a long time ago, his mum took off, so.. hes stuck with us." Jason said plainly as I completely avoided his gaze, letting the truth sink in. His family were having problems that I hadn't known about.. If I had just been there to help them... Maybe..

"Oh?" Was all that left my mouth,

"If I were you I would stay away from him" Jason snapped, his words harshly cold when spoken towards his step-brother.

"Why should she do that?" Jared snapped back twice as hard, this caused Jasons eyes to turn very dark, he looked dangerous in this state. Eyes were only that dark on two occasions. It was lust or danger- and I hardly thought It could be lust right now, as he turned to look at his brother, the same look in his eyes.

"Because you are no good for her, and you will hurt her." At this I could no longer contain myself. He shouldn't be one to tell me who would hurt me! He knew nothing! And if anything, he was twice as hurtful than his innocent brother- who never put a word against me.

"Just like you did to me Jason!" I snapped and there was something in his eyes, hurt and pain... and something that hardly flickered in those blue eyes.. something I didn't usually see there... regret?

"Wait this is the guy who hurt you?" Jared asked, concerned all of a sudden,

"Correct." I stated, my eyes watering up at painful memories, and the closeness of the guy who caused me all this pain.

Before anyone else could say a word I managed to choke out,

"Can you please show me to my room?" I diverted the conversation, slightly too obviously.

"Uh..Yeah sure.." Jared replied looking shocked, clearly showing the latter.

He led me up the metal winding stairs and down a very posh looking hallway- another red walled room, which was very long, lined with images of what I supposed was family ancestors, and led to another staircase.

He paused at the end  where there were only three rooms.

"This is yours, I'm right next to you, and uhm, Jason is in the other one but he won't bother you.." Jared said scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

Fantastic, I'm in between to brothers who hate each other- can my day get any better?

"Thanks Jared!" I said, smiling thankfully as he nodded and walked into his room. I walked into what Jared had said was my room, closing the door behind me,

I couldnt help but gasp at the beauty of the room. It was large with a walk in wardrobe and a toilet- It was the kind you would see that belonged to a really rich millionare. It was like one of the magazine showrooms that cost a fortune. I looked around in wonder at the golden drapes and curtains, shading the beautiful garden from my view. I felt like it was wrong to step in like I would ruin the room somehow.

The walls were mocha in colour, and there was a large king-sized bed with golden honey coloured pillows and duvets, which corresponded with the curtains and drapes on the princess style of the bed.

Underneath spread sat a furry brown carpet which tickled my feet softly, and at the edge of the room sat a white desk with a black chair, one of those that a boss would sit in. There was a balcony at the far back, opposite the window and desk, and I went to open it breathing in the warm fresh air.

Thoughts were rushing all over my mind, all sorts, but they were mainly based on Jason, as you might have guessed... He wasn't anything like Jason, was he?

He hadn't said anything hurtful to me all evening..

He had taken me for Starbucks' coffee..

He had paid for it..

He had almost kissed me..

Or I thought so anyways.

But he was related to Jason- and Jason had become a player in some form- Could Jared be trusted?

So I lay back on the bed, divising a plan consisting of testing Jared while not blatantly accepting Jason, on the other hand. I would give Jared an advantage as Jason had broken my heart already- but I wouldn't get too close to Jared too quickly. The sparks, the happiness, were there with Jared- with Jason they weren't.

I laughed at my pro's and con's list, deciding to give Jared a go. Whats the worst that could happen?

************************************

Dedicated to StarbuckShoe for giving supportive comments right from the start