Chapter Forty-One; Blissful Love and Heated Nights

Mel POV: 

"You know I love you Jase." I smiled at him, feeling calm and relaxed. Nothing had gone wrong for weeks and it was the best feeling.

"Love you too, Mel." He said back before stretching in bed, making his stomach muscles taut and tempting.

"Hey, what do you have planned today?" I asked him, knowing that my day was completely free and would be empty and boring without him there.

"Err, actually, I was going to ask you the same thing..." I sagged in relief, searching my mind for something we could do,

"Swimming, then? At that cool place they just built?" He nodded, "It's meant to be really different."

"Lets go then, let me just get ready and I'll meet you at the main hall." He brushed his lips on mine before we went our separate ways.

I put my turquoise bikini on, making sure the straps were securely fastened around my neck and pulling an almost opaque white cover up on which came down to my mid thigh. I then pulled on some denim shorts and brushed a bit of blusher on each cheek before putting on some white sandals with a subtle heel.

I hurried to meet Jase in the lobby and to my relief he had only just got there.

"Ready?" He gave me a warming smile that still gave me pleasnt chills, even though we had known eachother our whole lives.

"Yeah. I'm so lucky to have you, Jase." I said this cheesily and felt like putting my hands over my mouth,

"No you've got it the wrong way around. You are so beautiful, you never try to hide behind makeup and designer clothes. You're just.. you." I blushed, realising this conversation was fit for a romance novel and let Jase lead me away to his 2nd best car, since the first was wrecked.

We got in and Jase turned the radio up. I smiled as I realised that this was one of my favourites, and Jason knew that. He remembered.

"Hey Jase?" I asked hesitantly, knowing that the next topic could bring down the positive walls we had put up,

"Yes.." His tone was suspicious and this just made me feel worse,

"If anything happened to me, what would you do?"

His eyes narrowed, "How do you mean?"

"Say if I was in a fire and I came out burned and looking completely different, how would you feel?"

"Mel, I would still love you, and it would just make me want to protect you more, It wouldn't change my opinions about you. You should know that." I relaxed in my seat,

"I'd feel the same, but I couldn't deal with it if we were ever separated again." I mumbled, seemingly just loud enough for Jason to catch,

"We won't be. I won't let us separate again." Jason said in a determined voice, making me smile. I was so lucky.

The car arrived at the Lassen National Park, where we went straight to the highest point where the water course began. A small cabin, with a white frame and loads of windows, like a greenhouse, sat right on the top in the middle, where we could get geared up.

This course was a one off, It wouldn't usually happen but it had been set up for a bit of fun.

At entry to the cabin, we were put through hand held metal detectors and left our belongings in lockers. We were given a small talk about safety, led by a burly guy with a beard and a massive red t-shirt that read, "Scorpions", who told us that he never kept his groups as long as other guides in his talks, and let us out shortly afterwards.