Chapter 6 - Long Time No See

LI 6

Recap

“Laila. Are you okay?" Sabrena asked me. Putting her hand on my shoulders. I put a finger up letting her know I'd be fine in a minute.

"Is that you guys? I'm so sorry." my heart beat quickened even more which was quite impossible because if the rate it was beating at now.

"You..guys...go run. Get away. I'm right behind you." my words barely  audible with my loud breaths.  I told Sabrena and Fiza. A figure popped out on the corner and was slowly approaching towards us.

"why....are..u ..just standing. Come on!" I said after long pauses of panting. I got up on

On my feet  and after stumbling a bit, I began dragging them

With me. Trying to jog away. My lungs ached even more. I looked back behind me. My vision became blurry and full with black spots. The dark figure became blurry. I sat down abruptly on the curb.

I could make out Sabrena or Fiza  standing in front of me, looking Towards the person making their way towards us.

"Is that...is that..?" Sabrena  said leaning closer to get a good view.

"Oh my god Laila! I don’t think she's breathing Right!" Fiza’s alarmed voice said.  I could make out two lights. Headlights? A car? Pulled up near us.

"Who's that? Ask them for help! Laila! Keep talking to me!" Fiza said hitting my face gently. I could tell she was really worried.

And as she said that, every breath I took was using up So much effort and was so painful. It was coming out in very short gasps. Then my whole vision became black and I didn't hear a sound.

Nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6-  Long time No See

"Laila... Laila." someone kept calling my name. Why is their voice coming out so weird. Or is that my hearing? Where the he'll am I!

 Wait. I'm breathing fine. What happened!

My eyes shot open. Just to be met with glistening chocolate brown ones filled with worry. Sabrena.  My head was on Her lap n she was staring in front of me... Her face contorted and worried. Suddenly it all came crashing down.

Dark. Footsteps. Running. Panting. Dark figure. Black. Nothing.

"Who-what happened!" I said. But my throat was dry n it came out hoarse. Sabrena looked at me in surprise and the corners of her lips turned into a small smile.

"Thank God!" she exclaimed closing her eyes.

"You guys! She's awake!"Sabrena said as she was stroking my hair. I'm so confused! Was I kidnapped? Did I get run over? Fiza soon came running in front of me and grabbed my hand.

"Thank God you're alright!" Fiza’s voice was strained. I guess everyone was worked up about me. What happened to me? Did I faint? I'm such a wimp

 I sat up slowly. I felt much better now. But questions were forming in my head. We were still in the same place. But what about the figure? The man? And the car

"Even though you were stupid enough to forget your cell phone, Thank god you remembered your inhaler." said a new voice. Full of relief.

Wait....No one else talks so rudely to me like that except for one person. But that would mean...?

Zaiyaan?!

What the heck happened! How long was I out!

"What are you doing here?" I tried to say But my voice was raspy.