Chapter 5 - You left me breathless

Chapter 5- You left me breathless

  It's the morning of Black Friday and I'm scrubbing dishes? Bleckh I thought to myself as I scrubbed off the omelets off of the plate. Everyone had finished eating breakfast. Whenever guests are over my mom makes a huge yummy breakfast. Or should I say buffet? And the best part, My dad brings the awesome muffins and donuts from Dunkin Donuts. But the muffins are the ones I want. They’re so fricken huge and soft and crunchy and good.

   My stomach growled. I had missed breakfast and slept through it since that little scare last night had me freaked out. Fiza’s blabbing about Zaiyaan nonexistent biceps didn’t exactly soothe me into slumber either. I don't mind this crush but I just don't want a repeat of last time. I’m still surprised she was able to start liking again. That really hurt her bad. I thought she’d be scared to ever let anyone else in again. I think she still is. It's only a developing crush. She's taking it slow. It’ll go away eventually.

  Amway’s we woke up late and we're sent straight to wash n dry dishes since breakfast was over. We get in trouble for waking up so late but no! Not the retard who gave us a heart attack last night. Totally not fair. And here I was scrubbing away remnants of the feast I HAD to miss. Of course Fiza called Dibs on drying and Sabrena went to clear the table. My stomach growled about the tenth time since I came downstairs. I'm hungry!

"Hey Sabrena!" I called to her from the kitchen.

"Yeah!" I heard her say along with noises of plates and cutlery being collected.

"Save me a Blueberry Muffin? Okay! IM STARVING!" I said.

"I gotchu Girl. You lucky cause there's only one left!"

   I heard someone enter the kitchen but was too focused with finishing the dishes to finally getting some food. The quickly I finish being a dishwasher, the quicker I can shove that blueberry muffin down my throat.My mouth watered at the thought of it.

 Suddenly a dirty plate was thrown in the sink in front of me. Splashing dirty water n food pieces onto my black button up shirt. The water dripped down to my red sweatpants along with a piece of bread. I clenched my teeth and got ready to face the culprit.

"Hey what’s the big idea?" I said turning around. I turned around.

"That wasn't Nice Zaiyaan" Fiza added drying the plate she was holding.

"Um shouldn't you get back cleaning. The sooner you finish, the sooner you can start cooking dinner.” Zaiyaan teased waving his hands. Fiza narrowed her eyes and stopped drying for a second.

"Shouldn't you stop being a sexist pig?" Fiza fired back at him jabbing her towel at him.

"Oh hush up. Go knit yourself a sweater" did he really just say that? I counted to ten in my head. There's nothing that gets me more pissed than sexist people. And he's just standing there, casually munching on a muffin.

My eyes jerked back to the muffin.

Wait. A muffin?

MY MUFFIN!  MY BLUEBERRY MUFFIN!

"WHY ARE YOU EATING MY MUFFIN?" I screamed at him pointing to my would-be breakfast.

"Um because I'm hungry? Isn’t it obvious!" he said shrugging.

“Do you have a death wish?" Fiza asked him putting the dry rag on the table and put her hands on the hips on her dark washed skinny jeans. The Red rag surprisingly matched her red Aero sweatshirt. Even while drying dishes she looked nice with her blackish hair with a tint of red at the ends, twisted up into a messy, yet attractive bun.