Chapter 5 - In Other Words

Flashback

"Ate,paano ba mang-ligaw ng girl?"

"Ganito, dalhin mo sa malayo tapos iwanan mo, e di yun, ligaw."

"Tangina. Ate, ang ganda ng advice mo nakakaproud maging kapatid mo."

"Roan, wag mo murahin si Inayyyy "

"Wag mo nga akong tawaging Roan,Ate. It's Robert Dan,pwedeng Rob, Dan, Roan's a girl's name! Ugh."

"Ang tawag nga sakin Riley, kahit Rhian Lesly name ko, and I'm proud of it. Bebe bunso,gay ka na rin dapat para baliktad tayo, akin mga girls, iyo ang mga papa."

"Kadiri ka naman ate! Please ate, paano naging kayo ni Sharie? I wanna make ligaw to my bestfriend. In all seriousness."

"Ang bata mo pa para sa ganyan. Take it slow, you have all the pogi points since magbestfriend kayo. Gwapo ka kaya take your time. Mag-aral muna, ok? I'll buy you the phone you want pag naka achiever ka uli sa klase."

"Hmm mas gusto ko ang offer mo na yan, ang phone kasi di ka sasaktan at bibiguin, ate."

"Thats the spirit Roan!"

"One last time ate, if you call me Roan.."

"Di kita bibigyan ng cellphone."

"Sige na nga ate, you win!"

Back to real time..

Riley's POV

I went back home from the enrollment. It's been a strange and thankful day. I placed my carkeys  sa keybox and proceeded to my room. I'll just eat dinner later, I,thought. I placed my bag and sat on my bed, my room is pretty spacious. I still drove to the new school even though it was a minute-walk. I really need to fix my lazy ass. I sighed in relief, and as the sun was setting, I am now in a dim room.

I took a pack of cigs out of my bag, I took a stick and placed it between my lips. I took a pretend-drag. Gusto ko uli mag-yosi, but me and my friends made a pact. I'm not the type who breaks promises. I went out biting it between my teeth.

I live in a nice flat in the city. You can say I'm pretty independent since, my parents left the country for work. My mom left 4 years ago and does volunteer work in Morocco for the needy, she's a serious activist in college and she took it to the next level overseas. She's a good samaritan, I miss her alot. My father on the other hand is a marine engineer, he's the real deal. I look up to him, he's living the dream as well as sustaining the fam at hindi siya nagkulang. Don't worry! They're still together, no sad stories, it's just that, hinayaan ko na silang gawin ang pangarap nila, nasa puso nila. I don't want to hold them back sa bagay na gusto nilang gawin cause I'm here. We came to terms, that I need the independence and they need their freedom for awhile. They come back for vacations,once every 6 months and we have family vacays.

 I saw Roan by the desk near the living room, looking so cheeky as he is, "Ro, I'm back! Dude, would you believe I met girls agad sa new Uni, God has it's pefect timing nga naman." I held him and continued talking. "There was this girl named Sasa, she was like a 10/10, bro. She's with her friends isang Carribean lady, she looks like Rihanna actually! A student council, malakas kaagad ako don. Panira nga lang may isang mataray, pero she seems like the type that I'd get along with." I smirked." but then I think we will all quite get along. "

I got a ring from the doorbell. "Iwan muna kita jan, Roan, lagi mo na ako ini-isnob, don't worry bibisitahin kita minsan." I left Roan to answer the door and I got a package. I signed the papers and looked at the parcel. It came from Rome. I threw it across my room and didn't give a flying shit. The parcel was from Sharie no doubt. She's trying to act like Noah form The Notebook, sending sweet letters every month, the only difference is, she's a fucking hypocrite and a prick.

Flashback 2.0

I held her on the chin and leaned forward to kiss her but she backed away and cringed at me. "You smell awful. Don't kiss me when you just smoked." Sharie and I are at my gig. I kissed her on the forehead instead.

"I'm gonna play my set. This is our favorite song,babe. Remember our highschool prom?" I delved a reminisce moment with her.

"Yes Ri, vividly. Nakakatawa nga. Sinabi natin na kasali tayo sa cotillion at modern dance, pero when we were called for cotillion, sasabihin natin modern dance lang tayo, tapos pag tinawag tayo for modern dance practice sasabihin natin cotillion tayo, we ended up not attending both and waltzed all night to Sundo backstage because we were queer."

"Galing ng memory ah. Ang gago natin non, pero.Sayang no? They didn't see how cheesy we were. Homophobes kasi sila."

"Ano bang magagawa natin? O dali go tinatawag na kayo. Make me proud" she smiled.

"Proud is an understatement. I'll make you fall in love and kilig again." I held her hand and kissed her knuckles before dashing through the stage. She was still saying something but I rushed because of adrenaline. I was in trance and I sang my heart out. I dont care about anything when I play and I also drank.

 Kay tagal kong sinusuyod
Ang buong mundo
Para hanapin,
Para hanapin ka
Nilibot ang distrito
Ng iyong lumbay
Pupulutin, pupulutin ka
Refrain:
Sinusundo kita,
Sinusundo...

Asahan mong mula ngayon
Pag-ibig ko?y sayo   

I finished my last set for the night. As I was getting all the good critique from the crowd. I saw Sharie going out the hall with some girl. I leaned and pulled myself out of the crowd for a bit. I was intoxicated with a bit of alcohol same as everyone. I creeped outside then I saw Sharie with a girl getting too close, talking too close, laughing and giggling too close. 

I stood between them and tapped the girl's shoulder. "Elise, I thought hindi ka makakapunta?"

My bestfriend answered. "I got out of work quick, I saw your set, galing mo." she fake smiled at me. I know a bitch when I see one.

"You also saw Sharie at ang galing mo rin mag-rason."

"Riley! Let's go. Gagawa ka nanaman ng gulo."

"I fucking called your office to give you a heads up and you were already out. I know your bullshit, Elise." I tugged her shirt on my knuckles. "I know you two are fooling around behind my back. I swear to God I'll fucking kill you!." Dumilim ang paningin ko and I spat on Elise.

"Riley! Jesus Christ, stop it! Let's go home get a grip, bouncers still kick out resident bands." Sharie shouted.

"And you have the fucking audacity para ipagtanggol yang traydor na yan?" I raged. "Magsama kayo puta!"

"Ang babaw mo naguusap lang kami! Kaya ka iniiyakan e basagulero ka."

"Tapos ano putangina ka kinocomfort mo siya sa C.R. pag nag-gigig ako? Tangina lumayas kayo sa harapan ko mga walang utang na loob."

One thing I knew I was brawling with my bestfriend and I blacked out.