Chapter 8

Brooklyn's POV

"What do you mean 'us'" Harry asks curiously.

"You know what I mean Harry. We had a thing back then, what happened to us?" I clarify.

Harry sighs and looks at the floor. "Well once I introduced you to the boys you kinda ditched me for Liam." He said. I could see the hurt in his eyes as he spoke.

"I'm so sorry Harry. If it makes you feel any better I can't imagine ever being able to do that to you. I can't wrap my head around what could possibly have been going through my mind at the time." I say honestly.

Harry looked up into my eyes as of he was questioning if I was telling him the truth. When he was positive that I was he gave me a shaky smile.

I smiled back at him and looked at his eyes. One thing that had changed about him was the hurt in his eyes. You could tell he had been through a lot in the past few years. But they were more memorizing than ever, the emerald green color shined in the light allowing me to get lost in them. Before long I was captivated by them not realizing what was happening.

When I finally broke out of my trance I noticed how close Harry's face was to mine. His eyes were now focusing on my lips when he started to lean in. The moment my lips met his a familiar sensation ran through me. The same one that made me think harry was the one years ago.

His hands made their way to my hips as my arms snaked around his neck deepening the kiss. I don't understand why I wouldn't want to continue this. I just want to know what happened to make me end things with Harry.

When he broke our kiss I actually found myself sighing.

"I can't do this" he said looking away.

"Why not?" I asked feeling a little bit angry.

"Because you're engaged to one of my best mates!"

"Harry i don't even remember being engaged, but i do remember what i felt about you. What I still feel about you."

He sighed and leaned back on the couch, "We stopped being a thing because I found someone new."

"what?" i asked confused.

"I thought you deserved better and I saw how you looked at Liam, i thought that you would be better off with someone like him rather than someone like me. I thought he could treat you better. I knew I couldn't be what you wanted." He confessed

"Harry but you are what I want, you've always been what i wanted. I can't imagine what it felt like to lose you. So please don't let me go through that again."

He looked me in the eyes and slowly leaned in to crash his lips into mine.