I

i have a playlist so go to Spotify and my user is mattscaprisunn. if u don't have Spotify I'll add the music still :)
song: we were young - fleurie

------

"Hey, you're Evangeline right?" A blonde kid asked me.

I looked up and smiled, "That's me. What's up?" He looked at the lockers, brushing his finger on the closest lock. "You're in AP Art right?" I nodded shifting my stack of art magazines into my right hand.

"Do you think you could tutor me in art?"

I chuckled, study him? In art? The hell? How do tutor someone in art? "Uh. . . Art isn't really a thing you can tutor in. Art is something you express. You put you're heart and soul into it and it's beautiful." I smiled, "Have a good day."

I started to turn but he grabbed my exposed elbow, "No please, I'm failing art because everything I draw sucks. Just a few times that's all I ask."

I thought for a minute, and studied his face. His dirty gold hair bent over his forehead. He had little lips that were slightly plump. His body was slender, a little tummy outlined his shirt. His hazel brown eyes, were the kind you got lost in. He was pretty cute, "Fine, Art room after school? I can talk to mrs. Van."

He nodded, "Thank you, I'll see you later." I nodded and he walked around me. Of course I knew who he was. . . That was Matthew Espinosa.

--

I sat at the paint stained wood table with a paintbrushes. The clock ticked filling the silenced room. I waited for ten minutes, then fifth teen, finally a sweaty Matt came running threw the door. "I am so sorry, football practice ran longer then I thought." I nodded

I cleared my throat and stood up heading to the paint holder. Art has always been my passion. Just the beauty of letting you're feelings take over something. You let the hand do the thinking and the outcome is either a horror or a beautiful horror.

"What do you want to start out with?" I asked him picking some paint brushes up and a paint stained cup. "Up to you, I can't fail this class."

I sighed, think the best way to approach this. Control maybe? I started taking the pottery stand and turner out. "Sit," I pointed to the chair he dropped his gym bag and backpack and I tossed him an apron.

He tied it and he sat down on the stool I sat in front of the pottery stand. I got the other supplies and headed over to Matt. "We're doing pottery?"

"We sure are. Pottery is a type of art."

He nodded shifting in his seat. "No, I know." He slid his hand threw his hair. I dampened the clay and smushed it on the wheel. Plugging the wheel in Matt started getting a little jumpy. "Chill out, there's nothing to be jumpy for."

"Put you're foot on the pedal," I took his in mine and put it on the cold clay, "Hands here, and just make a bowl, a cup, whatever you want."

"I- am I doing it right?" He said after a minute. His hands folded over the light brown clay, his hands were covered in sticky clay. I nodded, "You're doing great." He smiled in accomplishment

After a while he stopped, looking at the masterpiece he made. "Nice," I commented

It wasn't bad at all. The once crumpled dough was turned into a cup. I leaned back in my chair as he got up and washed his hands. "So, are you going to major in art?" He started

"That's the plan." I kicked my feet up, "Actually, I am applying for CAL Arts."

"Seriously? That's a top notch school." I gave him a look, "When It comes to art my dear Matthew, I only do the best." I walked over to him, getting closer with every word. Our chests were not even an inch away from each other.

"And I always create the best." I brushed my arm past his grabbing the brush I needed to finish my painting.

He seemed slightly stunned about how close I came to him. "Put the cup on the desk over there, I'll put it in the oven before I leave." He did what I say, and sat across from me. He watched every move I made. Each stroke I created, each color I used.

"That's beautiful."

"Why, thank you. It's going in my portfolio for college." I hung it it for it to dry near the cracked open window.

I turned my back on him for a few minutes, arranging my mess, "Hey, I gotta head home but should we do this tomorrow? I mean if you're free. Same time?" Matt started

"Sure," he smiled heading off out the door.

I finished cleaning and started packing up to go home. I noticed a piece of paper on the table that wasn't there before.

thanks you <3

-------

thanks for reading