At The Ranch

Paris' POV

  When I got the note, it said,' Dear Paris, I know your secret, that you cut yourself, that you still visit your dad's grave. Call me a witness, and a friend, you need to stop I am getting very worried about you. Sincerely, anonymous.' I put the note in my backpack just for safe keeping. I looked around the room to name the possibilities of who probably gave me this letter.

  The teacher slammed his hand on my desk and said," No wondering eyes." " I was just-." He cut me off by clapping. Everyone was snickering at me like I was a fool. I just crossed my arms and sunk into my chair. The bell finally rang and everyone ran out like no tomorrow.

  I was walking out of school thinking about who wrote that note. But my thinking was interrupted by Michaela running to catch up with me. She was out of breathe and said," Your walking too fast, slow down." I nod and begin thinking again.

  I see my mom's black truck in the parking lot. She waves and I run to the truck waving to Michaela. I get in and my mom sets my backpack in the back. She gives me the most surprising news," Today, i'm gonna let you come to my horse ranch." I stop breathing for a minute,: Are you serious." She nods slowly. I'm excited to finally get to meet her sister Ashley. And mom told me that she lives there with her.

  I try to look through my closet to find something nice to wear. I out on a cowboy hat, some ripped black jeans, a Jack Daniel's shirt, and wear a lot of bracelet's to cover up the scars on my arm. Maybe she wouldn't notice. I text her that i'm ready so she can come pick me up. She says that she's on her way so I stay in the front yard waiting. She finally pulls up and I get in the truck.

  She sees what i'm wearing and just smiles. I say," What?" " My daughter is officially becoming a cowgirl in training." We both just snicker until we pull up at her house. I get out of the car impatiently so I can see her horse ranch. We get back there and I see Ashley grooming some of the horses. She turns around and sees me and says," You must be Paris, it's so nice to meet you."

  We shake hands and she grabs my wrist and says," Are those cuts." " Oh, no, my dogs got a little feisty." She let's go of my wrist slowly and I just pull a sweet smile. How did she notice through all these bracelets. She must be a person who can see through anything. Mom comes walking to me with a horse. She said," How abut you ride Shadow." " Sure." I get on Shadow and start riding.

  It was scary, but fun at the same time. I hate falling and being embarrassed, but it was fun to be drifting through the air. She finally stopped and Mom clapped and got me off her. I just sit on the bench near the back door. It was so fun but so fast, I nearly couldn't breathe.

  Me and Ashley headed to the metal bars to sit on while mom was grooming the horses. I wanted to groom one but mom wouldn't let me. So me and Ashley just had to sit back and watch. I wasn't in the mood for taking cause being here reminded me of how me and daddy used to go out and ride horses, without Prince or Blanket.

  I had the urge to cut but I had to fight it. I need to stop doing this, it's a bad habit and I need to quit, before something really bad happens. I couldn't take it anymore, I wanted to just dig my fingernails into my wrist and pretend it was a razor or a knife.

  I ask my mom," Can I go to the bathroom?" " Sure." I run to the bathroom. I grab the tiny razor from her bathroom collection from the day we went to the spa and gently glided it across my wrist. I know I was breaking my own promise, but now it feels like a need.

Author's note: Wow..sorry it took so long, but here it is..and I finally got my laptop. It works great, but anyways, I've decided to not post pics of Paris, plus it won't let me..but other than that...enjoy