How can we help.

After they told us about some of the things their family did to them I couldn't help but stare at Lexi, the hurt in her eyes, the way she tried to stay strong and not break.
Something about her was driving me crazy. I felt as if I needed to protect her as if i needed to be there when she needed me. She must of noticed me staring because she was now staring at me. Her big dark brown eyes were on me.
Wow did she have pretty eyes! Her eyes were what told her story, they were the first thing you noticed about her.
I looked over at Twobit who brought me out of my thoughts. "Steve. Earth to Steve!" He said waving a hand in front of my face. "Sorry what?" I asked not knowing what they were talking about. "What were you daydreaming about?" Twobit said laughing. I looked over at Lexi who had a smirk on her face as if she knew what i was thinking. "Nothing man." I said turning my head back to twobit. "Uhu sure what ever you say Randle." Twobit said chuckling.
"So is there anything we can do to help you two?" Darry asked. I looked over Emma looking at Lexi they didn't say anything out loud but as if they were reading each others mind. "No." Emma said firmly. I looked over at Dally who was smirking as he watched Emma closely. "Emma! You know we.." Before Lexi could finish Emma cut her off. " No we don't need anyones help. We did it once by are selves and we can do it again!" Emma shouted as hurt lit her eyes. "But we had a place to live then." Lexi said trying not to shout. "So." "So do you just want to live on the streets." Lexi asked chuckling trying to lighten the mood. Emma just looked at Lexi as if she did something wrong. "Look we just need a place to stay for awhile till we can get jobs." Lexi said turning and facing Darry. "Well Look your more than welcome to stay here but we only have the couches." Darry said.
I could tell Emma and Lexi didn't really like the idea of sleeping on a couch but they needed a place to stay.
"Well if you want you ladies can crash at my place." Twobit said. We all looked at Twobit he hardly ever was home because of his mother. "My mom is going out of town for a while and we have two extra rooms. Hey its better than staying on a couch!" Twobit laughed.
I looked over at the girls waiting to hear their response.
"Really you don't mind?" Emma said as she tried not to smile. For some reason she reminded me of Dally i just couldn't understand why.
"Not at all. Yall are too good looking to sleep on couches!" Twobit said smirking. "Thanks Twobit." Emma said looking at Lexi and giggling. I knew I wasn't the only one who thought these girls were good looking so I better make a move soon before one of them do.