Chapter 2

I walked out the room head low. I wiped the tear from my face. Lilac hugged me tightly.

"I'm so sorry,"she cried out.

"It's not your fault Lil,"I say.

"I know how much he meant to you,"She says.

"Please. Don't feel bad,"I plead to her.

"But he was your dad,"she said.

"Can we just hug?"I ask.

"Sure,"she says continuing to hug me.

~~~

That was 5 years ago. It was when I had watched my father take his final breath. I was the last to see him breath. He smiled at me leaving his final words to be "Live on my sweet Rose. I love you."

I will never forget that day. The last day I would see my father alive. I love Lilac for being there with me at the hospital. She was kind and waited outside the room till I was done speaking with him.

My dad had been in a thematic state after the accident and his body couldn't handle it anymore and gave out. I think of him all the time. He was the one to decided to name me Rose. He said I looked as beautiful and pure as a rose.

My mother didn't complain since she chose my middle name. That had made my name Rose Amber Pond. My mother gave me my middle name after her twin that passed during birth.

"Rose!"yelled Mr. Bill.

"Huh?!? What?"I yelped.

"I see you've decided to finally awaken from your beauty sleep,"he says as the class giggles and laughs.

"Sorry,"I say.

"Uh huh,"He says,"so you feel like answering the question on the board?"

"Sure,"I say getting up and writing the answer to the equation and then sitting back down.

"Nice work,"he says.

"Thanks,"I say.

"Now class. Do you understand how she answered?"he asked as I faded back to my thoughts.

I wonder what time it is. I look up to the clock to see its 11:58. I see the bell's about to ring in about 3 to 5 minutes. The time it rings varies. Sometimes it's 12 others it's 12:03.

I sit and pretend to listen to Mr.Bill as I glance at the clock a few times to check the time. This class gets so boring. Nothing interesting ever happens. I wish one day a fire would happen or a tornado or like an alien invasion. Something exciting.

Maybe even me be a ninja and skill my way around the classroom without him knowing and then I would like turn off his computer or erase the board. Just to fuck with him.

Then out of no where the bell rings. Everyone gets up and rushes out of class. I get up and leave to my locker. I shove all my stuff in and then head to Lilac's locker.

Once I got there she was getting a book out of her locker. I snuck up behind her and quickly covered her eyes. She stopped her actions and giggled.

"Guess who?"I whispered into her ear.

"Hmm. Is it a boy?"she asks.

"Nope,"I reply.

"Oh?"she asks.

She grins and takes off the blind fold turning around and kissing me.

"Damn it,"I say.

"Good try hot shot,"she says turning and shutting her locker.

"At least I tried,"I say.

She grabs my hand and leans her head on my shoulder.

"You can have an 'A' for effort,"she says.

We giggle and then start to walk to the cafeteria for lunch. I'm excited to eat. I'm starving. Plus today is pizza. Who can resist that?