Chapter 4

We danced and sang to 'House Of Gold' by Twenty One Pilots.

"She asked me son, when I grow old, will you buy me a house of gold? And when your father turns to stone will you take care of me?"we sang dancing around my room.

Suddenly she gets a message and stops singing and dancing. She goes over to her phone and checks it. Her face changes and she responds to the text. I stop dancing and turn off the music.

"What is it?"I asked.

"Oh nothing,"she said turning around and plastering a fake smile on her face.

"Who messaged you?"I ask.

She hides her phone from me saying,"no one."

I grab her hand and hold it tightly,"please tell me what it is."

She sighs saying,"you have to go home. The Guard wants a meeting with me about our situation."

"What is the Guard?"I ask.

"A group of powerful amours who watch over all supernatural events and keeps supernatural being in check,"she says.

"Are they going to hurt you?"I ask.

"No clue. But you have to go home,"she says.

"No. I'm coming with you,"I demand.

"That's not your choice,"she says.

"I'm a part of this relationship, so I should be able to go to the meeting,"I say.

"The Guard won't allow you to come,"she says.

"I don't care what the Guard will allow or won't allow, I'm going,"I say.

"Fine, I guess I can't stop you,"she says defeated.

I kiss her cheek and say,"Nope. You can't."

~~~

A black BMW stops in front of Lilac's house. It has tinted windows so you can't see who's inside. I follow Lilac outside. A man in a black suit gets out of the car and opens the back car door for us. He watches Lilac get in then glares at me as I follow behind her and get in.

"Is there a problem Malcom?"Lilac asks the man.

"No ma'am,"he says.

I then give her a confusing look,"you know him?"

"Um, I'll explain later,"she says.

Malcom shuts the car door and gets back into the car. He then drives off down the street. I look at Lilac and see she is calm and when normally that would calm me down it sets me more on edge.

How could she be calm at a time like this? She said she's not aloud to be with me. Then again how did they just now find out about us when we've been dating for at least two years.

"Because she is the leader of the Guard's daughter. The Guard has known for a year and a half now actually. The reason they are doing something about it now is because-"he says but is then cut off by Lilac.

"Shut up Malcom!"Lilac says flustered.

"You are the daughter of the leader?"I ask in disbelief.

She chuckles awkwardly,"Yeah."

"And you couldn't tell me this earlier why?"I ask.

"Because you had already had enough new information and I didn't want to overwhelm you,"she explains.

"How did you know what I was thinking?"I ask. My question directed at Malcom.

"Because I am a Kinder with a psychic spirit, of course,"he says like it was obvious.

Instead of saying anything I let me facial expression be my reply.