// seven //

The harsh ringing sound of Brinley's alarm was enough to make her want to scream and bang her head on the nearest wall but instead she just slightly groaned as her muscles popped and rolled over to rub the sleep out of her eyes. She wondered to herself how it could already be half past eight when it felt like she had just dozed off. It couldn't possibly be time for her to start getting ready for the day already! Brinley couldn't quite complain about her job though, she had just started and the job itself and the place really suited her. She had yet to find any cons about working at Vinyl, but it's not like she was looking for any.

Today Brinley dressed casual once again, with a band tee paired with leggings of course but today she decided was going to be slightly different because she was going to wear her leather jacket to cover her arms and her black high top vans to cover her feet. She wanted to be comfortable because she was unsure of what shoes she would wear later.

As soon as she finished getting ready for the day, she grabbed a banana and water, mumbling a goodbye to Carson as she ran out the door and began biking her way to Vinyl.

Striding inside just as she had been the day before, Ashton chuckled upon seeing her. Brinley shot him a confused look, as if to say "What's so funny?"

Ashton, as if he had read her mind replied laughing. "It's so unusual seeing you come in like half an hour early versus Michael not even showing up. His laziness amazes me."

"What can I say, I try to be punctual." Brinley responded as she jokingly brushed dust off her leather covered shoulder.

They laughed again before Ashton asked her to share her thoughts about how everything was going so far for her. Having a slow Friday was unusual, but they managed to make the time pass.

"Florida is mainly known for the beaches and they beautiful scenery, but it's like as soon and I stepped into Aus everything was golden. Given it was sunset when I arrived, but Florida is so blue." She commented, comparing the different skies.

"I bet it's beautiful." said the boy in thought, as he wiped the counter clean to busy himself.

Brinley grabbed the window cleaner and some paper towels and began to clean the large panes of glass in the front that welcomed everyone inside. "Sure it's beautiful, and I love it there because it's my home. I was born and raised there, but Australia's scenery beats it by a landslide in my opinion."

The day continued on much the same. The two conversed like normal as a couple of customers waded in and out of the building, some stopping to purchase things and others stopping to check the inventory and to promise to return later but soon it was time for the shop to close.

"So you're thinking about heading over to the party, yeah?"

"Yeah, I was just about to ask for you to just text the address to me when I get ready to leave." The girl laughed.

After they exchanged numbers, the girl went on her way home to start getting ready. She had several hours to get ready seeing as the party started half past nine but she had plenty of things to do beforehand.