// six //

Within just ten minutes of walking along the coast of the calm ocean, she found her way home and had already decided the rest of her plans for the night. Brinley had yet to look at rental cars yet, but for now while while it wasn't too dark when she got off work she didn't mind to walk. She decided that once she gone home she would first find something for her to eat, shower second then talk to her sister considering she missed her so much. Brinley and Lex haven't been apart for more than a week, much less than a month so it was a pretty crazy new normal here.

The blonde girl swiftly entered her key into the lock on the white door allowing her to go inside. She called her cousin's name and there was no answer. She sighed, going to the fridge and reached to open the silver door until she found a note then decided to grasp it instead.

It read: "Brin, I'm teaching yoga class beginning at a later time on Tuesday's and Thursday's now. Order yourself take out or just have some left over Chicken Alfredo I made myself from lunch. Enjoy, see you at nine. -Carson"

She decided on the latter which was the chicken and pasta and had began to count the time difference between her and her sister. With the clock reading 7:34 pm here on a Thursday, it should be 12:34 there on a Wednesday. If she was lucky, she would catch her eating lunch with the rest of the family so she could speak to them all at once.

She made herself some chicken alfredo in a bowl and placed it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. She dialed Lex on FaceTime and waited patiently for both her food and her sister to answer.

"Hey Brin!!" Lex answered giddily, Aviator sunglasses covering her face and her shoulder length beach blonde hair swaying in the wind. She noticed that Lex was at the beach once again. Go figure.

"Hey sis! How's it going?"

"It's great! It's so beautiful here and I started a new job today at a record shop and my co-worker/boss I guess asked me to this party tomorrow night because he's playing a gig there and yeah. I don't think I should go." She stated.

"That sounds like the perfect job for you!! As for the party, I would go because it's your boss and you don't want to not show up and have him think that you're not interested in his hobby. Nobody said you had to stay for long either, just show up, listen to him and his band perform, and compliment him then say that you're tired or something like that when you're actually going to go home and watch Netflix." Lex laughed because she knew she wasn't wrong.

"Well yeah I guess it couldn't hurt to go to a party." Brinley commented deep in thought.

"Glad I could help you sort out your problems there." Lex chuckled,"Oh so you'll never guess but sources say Liam and Miley are back together!!" she  squealed as if she knew the people personally.

Brinley spent quite a while talking to her sister long after she finished eating and at one point her sister even handed  the phone over to her parents. Her family talked her ear off all until time for Carson to come home and thankfully Lex had helped her pick out an outfit over the phone. Brinley considered her sister as a life saver.

Carson had come home to hear Brinley end the FaceTime call and see that chicken alfredo had been heated up and waiting for him on a plate at the island in the kitchen.

"God bless your soul," he said tiredly taking a spoonful of cheesy noodles into his mouth, "today has been a rough day."

"I'm guessing someone didn't find their zen."

"You don't even know," he laughed pushing his blonde curly hair out of his face, "How was your day?"

"It was actually pretty great. Ashton is so cool and he even invited me to a party that he's got a gig at tomorrow night." She gushed, absentmindedly looking at her phone.

"Are you going to go?"

"I don't know, I've thought about it and I'm stuck in between wanting to go to meet new people and being scared because I'm meeting new people..but you're invited if you want to go."

"I would love to go because Ashton's gigs are great and they surely don't disappoint, but a client just called to arrange a training session. I could stay with you until you're comfortable though and then pick you up afterwards." He offered.

"That would be great! Thank you." Brin replied giddily, wrapping her arms around his neck.

After talking for a while and Carson telling the story of how a new woman in his class had no balance whatsoever, they decided to call it a night. It was around fifteen minutes after ten when the busy blonde girl had finally settled in to her bed, and even when she did she had to do the routine of scrolling through all her social media accounts before her eyelids grew droopy enough for them to finally close.

But somehow, even though her eyelids were dangerously heavy, she couldn't help but thinking of the party she was going to agree to attend. Brinley wouldn't necessarily diagnose herself with social anxiety, but she did get nervous and flustered when she stepped into a clustered room full of people eyeing her up and down. It made her feel self conscious, as she was sure any other girl would feel that way also but what Brinley disliked the most was that she didn't have the ability to know what the person's thought about her was and that tore her up inside. She absolutely hated when people would mistake her shyness for stubbornness or something childish and petty such as that. She just wasn't the outgoing type and clearly cared too much for what people had to say about her, but hey that's another reason why she came to Australia. She could be herself where she didn't have to fear judgement because she had never met these passerby's in the street and possibly wouldn't ever again so she felt truly didn't have a reason to be anxious in Australia. The girl felt as if Australia was her true home.

After what seemed like endless scrolling through Twitter to possibly find out any relatively new news about Miley and Liam, she yawned finally allowing herself to fall asleep.

"Good night, Brin." Carson says just outside her door.

"Good night Car."

HEYYYY

this was such a bad filler I'm so ashamed but I swear we're going to get somewhere soon omg it's gonna be great but like is it weird to be excited over my own book because I'm literally ecstatic  :-)

question: where is somewhere that you've always wanted to visit?

-Cameryn (whose lifelong dream is to go to Australia tbh)