Chapter 9:

With a gun in the back of my pants, standing at the door, Ashley standing next to me. Everyone already packed in the car waiting for me for get there, Tom and Luca staying here to keep her safe, standing at the door with me.

I took a look at them, scowling, I said, "If she has even the slightest scratch on her when we come back, you two better start digging your graves."

They laughed lightly, trying to cut the tension, Luca answering, "I don't plan on dying anytime soon, so she should be okay."

I smiled, "for you guys' sake, stay safe too."

I gave each of them a hug and when I went to hug Ashley she pulled me in for a brief, breath-taking kiss and said, "If you don't come back in one piece, Matt better start digging his grave."

She smiled at me and I returned the favor, my thumb slid on her cheek and giving her a last peck. Walking away I yelled back at her, "can't wait for that!"

"I don't wanna do it, so you better come back without a scratch!"

Stopping next to the car I turned to give her one last look, she blew me a kiss and I got inside.

"It looks like you're never going to see each other," he chuckled, then looked down as he realized that we might not come back.

"Me and you both know it might happen. I feel like deep inside, she knows it might be goodbye."

"Don't say shit like that Jess, you know we can make it."

I looked at him giving him an hopeful tear eyed, soft look and confessed, "remember that time I couldn't find a reason to live accept from you, because all of the deaths around us?"

He looked at me, taking my hand in his reassuringly and nodded.

"I think I found a reason. And I don't wanna lose that reason."

"We've been through worse, we'll make it." Matt said.

"I hope so."

******

We stopped the car in front of Cameron's house, hearing loud music out of it.

Really? Now you find the time to throw a party?

Fucktard.

Well now that he got the gang off his back and onto ours.

I will kill him.

"Is he throwing a party?" Dylan in the back asked, I looked back to glare at him.

"What does it look like he's doing?"

He glared back, "when did you become a dickhead?"

"When you became an asshole."

"Hey now guys, it's not the time, when we come back you can argue all you want." Matt tried reason and remind us that we might be on our way to our deaths.

"You mean 'if we come back'." Caleb said sadly.

Matt looked down and I suddenly got pissed, feeling rage burning in my vains, I glared at him.

"You fucking know what? We're gonna come back. We're gonna fucking kill Cameron and kill everyone in the fucking way because I'm not fucking ready to lose. Specially not to him, and specially not when a beautiful girl that means everything to me is waiting for me to come back." I spat at him, getting out of breath from the yelling. I calmed down a little and told him, "no one is dying unless it's Cameron. I can promise you that."

Matt joined me, "he has a team, they're strong. But we're family, were stronger. The moment he's dead, they're worthless. If one of us is gone -which I won't let happen,- they all die, because we stand for each other, we fight to protect family. Blood-" he looked at me, "or not." he looked at Caleb and Dylan.