Chapter 23- Making up

Link to Riley's dress below. Cant figure out how to put the pic on here.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rocker+prom+dresses&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ROXfUfmAEc6WhQegrYG4Bw&sqi=2&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=712#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=tUwq7Z6UOvQ6wM%3A%3BGubjueVcf6xirM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.whattowearpost.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252FBlack-Lace-50s-Style-Short-Prom-Dress.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.whattowearpost.com%252Fvintage-clothing-will-rock-2013%252F%3B1000%3B1500

I can't believe I was going to prom, I hate dancing. Still I had quickly shopped for a dress,  now I was just waiting for Hunter to pick me up. I took a moment to look myself over. My dress was black, of course, knee length, flared out at the hip a little, kind of like the 50's style, but not too poofy, the bodice was a sweetheart neckline with two thin straps, over the top of the dress was black lace which stopped at the bottom of my neck and the top part of my arms. Around my waist was a black lace belt with a black lace flower. It was by far the most beautiful dress I'd ever worn. Simple black heels finished off the look. I'd given myself my usual Smokey eye, toned down a little. Hopefully I wasn't going to look like a dick, or embarrass myself by tripping and falling flat on my face.

'Riley, Hunter's here. You ready?' Jake hollered from downstairs.

'Coming' I quickly rearranged my hair. I'd worn my hair down. My hair fell in large soft curls. Over my right shoulder held in place by a sparkly vintage clip at the back of my head.

As I made my way downstairs I was aware that all eyes were on me and it made me very nervous. I'd been on stage before but In this dress, I felt nervous, out of my comfort zone. I knew tonight may not have been easy. What if Hunter didn't like me. What if I embarrassed myself?

'Riley, you look so beautiful. Adam would have been so proud to see you now.' Alex whispered into my ear as he pulled me into a tight hug. I tried not to cry at the mention of Adams name and how I know he would have loved to see me right now. I couldn't help the lone tear that escaped and made its way onto Alex's shirt.

'Ok, thanks man, you made her cry, give her to me. Idiot.' Hunter grabbed me and pulled me against his chest. 'Don't cry baby. You'll ruin your make up and you'll end up looking like a raccoon.' He kissed the top of my head. I couldn't help it I burst out laughing, laughing with me.

We stopped to take a good look at each other. My god did he look so unbelievable hot. Dressed in black trousers and a shirt the top couple of buttons opened. You could see his biceps stretching against the fabric of the shirt, sweet Jesus, this was not the time to be turned on.

'Riley you look so beautiful. Shall we go before we're late.' He grabbed my hand pulling me against his chest. I took a moment to wrap my arms around his waist.

'Hunter are you sure, do I look fat? Should I change?'

His face turned murderous. 'Who said you look fat. You don't look fat. Do you want me to hurt them? Tell me Riley?' He demanded, shaking me a little.

'It doesn't matter, calm down lets go.' I dragged him out of the door and towards his car.

'Before he drove off, he grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. 'Do not ever say you are fat. Even if you were, which you are not. I wouldn't care. Tiffany is a plastic psyco bitch. Never listen to anything she has to say, coz it's all shit. Do you hear me Riley.' I nodded once before he crashed his lips to mine, licking my bottom lip which I gladly opened for him letting him in.

We pulled away breathless. 'Lets go to this stupid prom. then I've got a surprise for you. We'll stay there about an hour max is that ok?

'That's fine by me, dancing isn't my thing anyway. I'm only going for the food.'