63) The Finale

~•~

Narrator's Pov.

The next day...

Granddad was so happy he literally almost had a heart attack. Literally. They took him to the hospital. Huey wanted to check on Jazmine when they got back, but he couldn't just skip out like that. They had a family dinner that same evening and the atmosphere was so great that for once Granddad didn't make Huey do the dishes.

That evening Huey lay on his bed, back in his old room with Riley. Apparently Granddad brought one of his hoes and...well...let's just say he's never going near that bed again.

He stands and walks to the window quietly, thinking Riley's asleep. Riley sits up and rubs his eyes. "Just go see the bitch, Huey."

"You're awake?"

"How can ah not when yo gay ass busy mumbling ova thar."

Huey scowls at him in the dark and walks over to the wardrobe where he picks his grey coat. "I'll be back."

"Mmhm." Riley pulls the covers over his head.

~•~

Huey's Pov.

I sneak out of the house careful not to wake Granddad and succeed. Judging by his snoring he ain't waking up anytime soon. I walk on the pavement and to the hill. I stop right at the edge and look down at Woodcrest. The lights glitter from bellow and light up the sky with the help of the stars.

"Evening, Huey." I look back to find the White Shadow standing at his usual spot next to the tree. I press my lips together before I turn around. "Good to have you back, I was beginning to get lonely."

"Of course you were. There's nobody else to stalk."

"So what do you think of your mummy and daddy? Sweetest things are they..."

I look back just to glare at him and look back at Woodcrest. "Don't go anywhere near them."

He snorts. "Like I'd try. Last time I checked they weren't the domestic terrorists."

"Shut up. I'm retired."

Silence.

"Shadow."

Silence.

"Shadow."

"Hm?" he responds.

"No warnings? That's a first."

"You want bad news?"

"Its what I'm used to." Whenever your white ass comes around.

"....for once I'm speechless, Huey Freeman."

"At least tell me if its best to stay or go."

".....all I can tell you is, home is where the heart is - as cliché as the saying may be. Where is your heart, Huey? Is it with Jazmine...or is it with your parents?"

"....what if its with both?"

"Then that answers your question."

"No it doesn't."

Silence.

"Shadow?" I turn around to find the space next to the tree empty. I sigh heavily. The one time I don't want him to go. That didn't answer my question. I can't split myself in half, and my jeg-leg will get worse if I continue going back and forth. I have to stay with the A.C.L.O.J, if I do, I'll be able to  continue my terrorism, the agency will protect me...