(Chapter 7) Money is Forever

NOTE: (y/ln) = your last name

            (y/fn) = your first name

            (y/hc)= your hair color

            (y/hl)= your hair length

            (y/ec)= your eye color

            (y/fc)=your favorite color

            (y/dc)=your dress color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nijimura was now a month into his fake relationship. It worked splendidly for him. His father was recovering from a second operation, which was only the beginning of many more.

Nijimura worried less about finances. His family company was afloat again. The (y/ln) family had benefited him very much. New and more experienced workers were now managing his company. New negotiations were underway because of his ties to the (y/ln) family. Slowly the struggling business was becoming competitive again. It was a good change that brought Nijimura some of his own money. However the success was owed to the (y/ln) just as everything else.

Shuzo had more time to dedicate to school and to himself. He was able to afford more things however he kept spending to a minimum for financial security.

Everything was looking up for him and for his father's survival. All Shuzo had to do was pretend to love (y/fn). He found that the strong desire for the girl he felt when he met her in the (y/ln)'s mansion parlor was temporary. He was no longer fascinated with the girl he met at the ball. He was fascinated with opportunities. He rarely called (y/fn). Not that she really asked him to, but it was a distinct distance between the two that the girl was not fond of.

The Nijimura she had met at the ball was genuinely fascinated with her. He was kind and compassionate and whirled her emotions the way he whirled her around on the dance floor. (y/fn) had made the unknown mistake of assuming Nijimura cared for her. However, slowly the girl began to notice that Nijimura's compassion was temporary. 

In truth being the daughter of a rich   man who's fortune was built on greed had taught (y/fn) to always assume that people's compassion temporary. People did only what they needed to benifit themselves. Even if it was at the cost of someone else. Their emotions were temporary. Their smiles were temporary, and as she learned from life people's lives are also temporary.

--- flash back ---

Seven year old (y/fn).

"(y/fn, I'm sorry honey but I can't play tea party with you today... Mommy isn't feeling well..."

The little girl watched as her mother stumbled away from her with the aid of a few maids. A nanny appeared.

"Come sweetheart I'll play with you."

With that (y/fn) caught a glimpse of her mother as she was taken by the hand and escorted by the nanny.

In a matter of six months. Mom had changed. The sickly pale shell of a woman that had rejected you moments ago was not the same woman who gave birth to you.

Your mother was a marvelous women. She was beautiful and kind versus your father who was detached and usually angry. She was a goddess. She would always smile and play with you. She would spend days with you. The two of you would play until noon and then eat lunch.

"Don't forget to eat your vegetables," she'd smile with a carrot in her mouth.

She'd walk you through the garden, read you stories, educate you on proper etiquette at parties. She never hesitated to do anything and everything in her power to make you happy, until now.