(Chapter 1) Money is Power

NOTE: (y/ln) = your last name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nijimura had just walked out of the hospital room his father was resting in.

The boy was stressed. He ran his fingers through his Raven hair and sighed as he remembered the doctor's words.

"Your father's condition will worsen if we cannot preform this operation..."

Nijimura knew this operation needed to be preformed. It could save his father. There was only one issue. The boy was running out of money. He had given every penny he could find to cure his father. He placed the family company on the line for the sake of curing his father. He received small donations from extended family. He even filed for loans he may never pay off. He was running out of options... He was running out of money... And more importantly he is running out of time...

"Ring. Ring. Ring," his phone buzzed in his pocket. It was a call from a business associate.

"Shuzo speaking," he replied.

"Good afternoon Nijimura I am calling you on behalf of interesting news in the business world," said the associate.

"Go on," replied the interested boy.

"Rumor has it that the (y/ln) family is looking for a suitor for their daughter..."

"The (y/ln) family? The second richest family company, trailing the Akashi family by only a cent?" Thought the boy.

"The suitor is welcomed into the family's wealth by joint business. I thought it might interest you since their daughter is your age and... Well...," the associate scoffed, " you could use the money..."

It was true. If Nijimura took advantage of the girl and of her family wealth he could save his father. He was very attracted to the offer but he would never scoop to the level of a "gold digger." He has no true intentions of taking advantage of a girl, but for his father, he would do anything...

Pretending to hide his interest the raven haired boy replied, "Thank you for the information." And with that he hung up the phone.

Shuzo began to leave the hospital and head home. All the way he weighed the consequences of taking advantage of the (y/ln) family. Who was this girl anyways? He forgot to ask for her full name. He had never heard of her much before. He was honestly not truly interested in love or business engagements. But, he did need the money... Is it truly that bad to take advantage of someone? Is his father's life worth more than a girl's emotions?

--- to possibly be continued ---

*author note:

this is my first story so please no rude comments. Depending this may be continued... I get very busy a lot so I can't promise consistency. And of course THANK YOU FOR READING!