(Chapter 8) Money Can't Buy You Love

NOTE: (y/ln) = your last name

(y/fn) = your first name

(y/hc)= your hair color

(y/hl)= your hair length

(y/ec)= your eye color

(y/fc)=your favorite color

(y/dc)=your dress color
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the day of Akashi's party.

(y/fn) was standing in front of a mirror as her dress was being fitted around her. This time she did not make a fuss about being strapped into a dress. The corset was being tightened around her waist as the lace ties constricted her movement. This time there were no protests and no curses from the beautiful girl's plump and glossy lips.

She was excited. Nijimura and her had agreed on a color. Grey. It was a light cool almost pastel grey. It turned her glittering sweetheart halter top floor length dress into a sort of off white. The fabric trickled in colors, going from a beautiful and pearl set sequence snowy white color to a ombré grey and eventually a gentle rim of jet black that mimicked the color of Nijimura's hair at the tips of the bottom of the dress. The rest of the lengthily dress was sprinkled with sequences and sparking Rhinestones in a controlled chaos.

The dress was beautiful. Your hair beautifully done and pinned up just as you had requested. Your eyes framed and sparking with a light smoky eye. Your face highlighted and contoured like that of an oil painting. You intended to be the envy of this party. It was the first time Shuzo and you would be seen together.

Part of you were nervous. He's so distant all of the time what if other girls were there and more alluring to him than you were...

These negative thoughts were interrupted by a maid.

"My dear lady, you are so beautiful!"

They had finished their work and we're all praising you as you stared at yourself in the mirror.

"Thank you," you blushed.

"Have fun, little miss future Nijimura."

That comment rattled your core. You had no intensions of marrying Nijimura yet you wanted him to want you. It was all so complicated. The comment made you blush as though you looked forward to such a thing yet your heart and mind races in fear of some impending future like marrying a man with no affection.

However the maids were cut short.

There came a knock at the door and a butler's voice from beyond.

"Lady (y/ln), Nijimura-san is awaiting you."

This made your heart flutter. Nijimura was here just as promised. He was ready to escort you to such an exquisite party as one hosted by Akashi.

You took one last look at yourself and one deep breath, "it's just a party. It doesn't matter as long as we look convincing. He doesn't love me. I don't love him," you reminded yourself internally.

And with that you descended down the stairs.

Nijimura stood at the door awaiting you. His grey fitted suit framed his tall and strong body perfectly. His black hair was combed and perfectly in place. His slate grey eyes blending perfectly. A black tie accentuating his features. He looked like perfection. You could sense his air as you grew closer to the floor.

His now stoic and cold air. When you first met you had only whiffed such a feeling, the rest was gentle and welcoming, but now it had consumed any sweetness he had spotted before.