Chapter 3 - "Damn right it's your fault."

(Your PoV)

I decided not to go after Jean, he probably just wanted to be alone right now. I walked back to my room and opened the door. I had left it unlocked so I could easily open it while holding my books.

I walked straight to my desk and put the books down. I was thinking a little when two arms slid around my waist from behind.

"Ah!!" I screamed.

"Shh." Whispered a voice in my ear. I turned around and did not expect to see Eren.

"Oh it's just you Eren, you scared me." I looked down and noticed his arms still around my waist, "Um, can I help you?" I asked nervously.

He just smiled, "No, I just felt like hugging you for some reason." A slight blush appeared on his cheeks and Eren let go, "Sorry, I guess that was weird." He said.

"It's ok." I said with a small smile. "You're allowed to hug your own friend." I laughed. He laughed too.

"Thanks (Y/N)." He said with a cheerful smile and hugged me again. But this time it was a friendly hug.

"Cadet (l/n) I need you to-" Levi began as he walked into my room, but froze at the sight of Eren and I hugging. Eren and I parted and the three of us just stood there staring at each other.

"What do you need me to do?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Jean appears to have wandered off somewhere and I need you to find him and bring him back to HQ, think you can handle that?" He questioned. I quickly saluted him and walked out the door to find Jean. As I exited my room I heard Levi say to Eren,

"You are to come with me right now." Levi sounded cold and nasty.

I walked outside and realised how cold it was, I'd left my jacket in my room and I was too lazy to go and get it.

I decided to look for Jean on foot instead of riding (h/n). I headed up through the fields and training grounds.

|(3)| after 2 hours of searching for Jean |(3)|

"Jean!" "Jean!" I called out, but I couldn't find him anywhere. It had gotten colder and I began shivering, my teeth chattered. "M-maybe I'll g-go back to HQ." I mumbled to myself. I looked around at my surroundings and realised I had no idea where I was. "I'm lost..."

I suddenly heard a stick crack and the crunching of leaves under footsteps. I was so cold and scared, my legs felt numb and I fell onto the ground and just lied there with my eyes closed listening to the footsteps approach.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" I heard. I opened my eyes to see a worried looking Jean towering over me.

"J-J-Jean!" I said, but it was hard to talk with chattering teeth. Jean noticed that I was shivering and took his jacket off. He sat me up and put the jacket on me, it was way too big but it was warm.

"Thanks." I said. I felt my weight lift off the ground and Jean holding me in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and fell asleep while he carried me back to HQ.

☆〜(ゝ。back at HQ ☆〜(ゝ。

I slowly opened my eyes. I looked around and realised I was in the infirmary. I carefully sat up and saw Jean sitting at the end of the bed.

"You're awake." He said and stood up. I nodded, still tired from all the walking I'd done. "I'm sorry, it's my fault that you're here." He said. I was about to tell him it wasn't when I heard a voice come from the doorway.

"Damn right it's your fault."

Jean and I turned our heads towards the door to see Levi standing there with his hands on his hips and an irritated expression on his face.

"It's not Jean's fault," I said, "you're the one who ordered me to look for him."

"Tch, no. It's his fault for going out without telling anyone!" Levi said, glaring at Jean. Before we could argue, Levi left the room.

Jean sighed, "I should go, you can get some more rest."

I grabbed him by the wrist before he could move, and without looking up at him I said, "No, please don't go."

"(Y-Y/N)." Jean whispered. Then a faint smile appeared on his lips, "Ok, I'm not going anywhere." He sat back down on the bed.

(Jean's PoV)

I stayed in the infirmary with her. (Y/N) fell asleep and I looked at her adorable sleeping face. I just wanted to hug her right then and there, but I didn't. I didn't want to risk Captain Levi coming in and ripping my head off.

There was a knock on the infirmary door, followed by the creaking of the door opening. Levi walked in and smiled at the sight of (Y/N) sleeping. Speak of the devil. 'WAIT WHAT!? HE CAN SMILE?!' I thought to myself. But his smile almost immediately disappeared when he saw me.

"Why are you still here?" He asked, clearly annoyed.

"(Y/N) didn't want me to leave." I replied with a proud smile on my face.

"Tch. All the other cadets are eating their dinner, go." He ordered. I left and Levi left the infirmary a short while later.

{^.^} a little while later {^.^}

(Your PoV)

I woke up and Jean was gone. But before I could really think, I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said, sitting up.

The door opened and Eren walked in holding a tray of food.

"Here. You didn't eat dinner right?" He said, placing the tray on my lap. I looked down and saw a bowl of soup, some bread and a steamed potato.

"Thank you." I smiled and began to eat. Eren smiled back and stayed until I finished my food. Then I thanked him once more, he took my tray and left the room.

(A/N: vote and comment :D )