Dr. Seuss

• Dedicated to Dr.Seuss

DR. SEUSS

-You have brains in your head.

You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.

You're on your own.

And you know what you know.

You are the guy who'll decide where to go.

-Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

-We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

-Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

-I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

-Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.

-Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.

-The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

-A person's a person, no matter how small.

-Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.

-I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

-From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!

-In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

-Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!

-If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.

-I meant what i said and i said what i meant. An elephant's faithful one-hundred percent!

-If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good.

-Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.

-They say I'm old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!

-ASAP. Whatever that means. It must mean, 'Act swiftly awesome pacyderm!

-I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues.

-I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.

-And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ~The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

-There's no limit to how much you'll know, depending how far beyond zebra you go.

-I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

-He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

-So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.

-The storm starts, when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping.

-If you'd never been born, then you might be an Isn't! An Isn't has no fun at all. No, he disn't.

-Words and pictures are yin and yang. Married, they produce a progeny more interesting than either parent.

-I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.

-Remember me and smile, for it's better to forget than to remember me and cry.

-Writing simply means no dependent clauses, no dangling things, no flashbacks, and keeping the subject near the predicate. We throw in as many fresh words we can get away with. Simple, short sentences don't always work. You have to do tricks with pacing, alternate long sentences with short, to keep it vital and alive.... Virtually every page is a cliffhanger--you've got to force them to turn it.

-Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.

-