Winston Churchill

• Dedicated to Winston Churchill

WINSTON CHURCHILL

-A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

-A joke is a very serious thing. 

-A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

-A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality. 

-A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. 

-Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. 

-Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

-A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him. 

-All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. 

-Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. 

-Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed. 

-An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. 

-Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. 

-Baldwin thought Europe was a bore, and Chamberlain thought it was only a -greater Birmingham.