Quotes by John Green

"I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was hurricane."

"Writing does not resurrect. It buries."

"I fear oblivion, " he said without a moment's pause. " I fear it like the proverbial blind man who's afraid of the dark."

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt."

"Alyeska- that which the sea breaks against."

"It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you"

"The marks humans leave are too often scars."

"That smile could end wars and cure cancer."

"I just did some calculations and have been able to determine that you are full of shit"

"Sometimes you lose a battle. But mischief always wins the war."

"Everything that comes together falls apart."

"How will we ever get out of this labyrinth of suffering?"

"If you try to ruin someone's life, it only gets better. you just don't get to be a part of it."