The Repeating Dream

"Dan?.."

"Dan!.."

Almost immediately Dan shot up from his bed with a loud scream, his entire body shaking and breaking out into a cold sweat. His breathing was fast whenever he first woke up, but soon began to go back to its regular pattern after some comforting from Phil.

"Was it that dream again?" Phil asked him, with a hint of worry in his voice.
All Dan could do was nod. His throat felt tight, which made it difficult for him to speak.

"You really need help, Dan," Phil spoke quietly, as if he was doing an ASMR video. "If that Pepe dream keeps coming back you might not be able to function properly.."
Phil was right, Dan hadn't been able to go to sleep properly after him and Phil did the third Tumblr Tag. All those face swaps of him and Pepe had been haunting him.
The Phandom probably thought it was harmless, and it was, but not until Dan actually started to think about them. Somehow they made their way into his existential crisis'.

Phil sat up from Dan's bed, and began to walk towards the doorway before pausing and leaning against the door frame. "I forgot to tell you.. I booked you an appointment with a therapist."
Dan's jaw dropped in horror, he had told Phil many times that he wouldn't be caught dead with a therapist. Hell, he didn't even need one!
"I think it's for the best Dan, you haven't uploaded a video in two whole months and everyone is getting worried about you. You need help before this gets out of hand."
Phil pushed up his glasses and walked off into the kitchen to make breakfast, leaving Dan as a miserable mess, who was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

'If only we didn't do the Tumblr Tag..' He thought to himself.
He stood up, picked an entirely black outfit, walked into the bathroom to take a shower, and closed the door and locked it behind him.