Chapter 14

We went and sat down at our usual table with Eugene and Merida. But, we saw an unusual sight. Hans was sitting next to Eugene. When I sat down Eugene looked up from his conversation with Hans, "Oh, uh Hans, this is Elsa. You already met her sister Anna and Punzie my girlfriend at break." He looked at me and flashed a charming smile, "Why hello Elsa. I'm Hans Westergaurd, and may I just say you're looking lovely today." I looked at him awkwardly, "Uh, hi." Eugene got up, "So I'm going to go buy some lunch. I didn't bring one today." Punzie looked at him confused, "But you said-," Anna elbowed her in the arm and gestured towards Hans and I, "Oh, right. Yeah I'm going to get some too! We'll be right back." I look at Punzie, panicked. Oh no, no! Don't leave me here with him! I glance at him, "Uh, ok." He smiles at me and turns to face me, "So uh, Elsa, who's the lucky guy?" I look at him confused, "What?""Your boyfriend. Surely a pretty girl like you has a guy." Jack is my boyfriend, but I couldn't possibly tell him that, "Oh, uh no one at the moment." He smiles, "Hmm, then I guess you'll just be waiting for that special someone to make a move then." I look at him then get up, "Oh! Well I think I left my lunch in my locker so I'm just going to go get it. Ok?" I back away from the table and signal Jack to follow me. He finally notices and runs out the door after me, "What's up, Snowflake?" I look at him worriedly, "It's that new guy, Hans. I think he likes me.""Why would you think that?""Because he asked if I had a boyfriend." Jack's eyes widen, "Did you tell him anything?""Of course not! I'm not stupid!" He sighs of relief, "Good. So what are you going to do?" I shrug, "Try to avoid him and act natural I guess.""Ok, just be careful, Snowflake. He could aggravate you enough to make you reveal your powers.""Ok, I'll be careful." We walk back to the doors and Jack goes in first before I walk in the opposite door. I walk back to the table. Everyone was back, sitting down. Hans notices that I've come back empty handed and I quickly think of something, "It wasn't in there. I guess I just didn't look hard enough." I sit down and look through my backpack, "Oh! Look! There it is!" I pull it out on the table and the others engage in conversation while I silently eat my lunch.