Girls Just Wanna Run

All the guys were off their phones. Wolf was allowing his canines to sparkle in the gap his lips left. Jacin sat next to a wall, trying to stay calm as he reran the his talk with Winter in his mind. The tops of Kai's ears were crimson. Thorne was laying out a script of his next conversation with Cress in his head.

The anxiety that lingered between them was unbearable. It had been mere minutes since they last spoke to the group barricaded in the old classroom. None of the guys wished to wait for them to leave that room any longer.

Without warning, the metal door creaked open. A girl with blood red hair dashed out to the left. "Scarlet!" Wolf cried. He then broke into a run to go after her. Next, a dark haired female slipped away. But not before Jacin noticed and kicked up the dust in her wake. Kai looked back to the door. Cinder was going to come out of there. She had to.

Just as he mentally recited the assumption, she sprinted down the hall in the opposite direction. Thorne was the only one that remained near the door. He cautiously pushed the door open all the way. Inside, he spotted Cress sitting at a desk with a laptop on it. Her fingers stretched with speed as she typed out an incalculable amount of characters. "Cress," he began to stroll into the room. He was forced to halt when a second metal door slid out of the wall, and whacked him in the face.

....................

Everything is going according to plan. Scarlet had led Wolf way from the others. Now, all she had to do, was let him catch her.

The plan that she and the others made before leaving was to ran out of the room, let the person chasing them "capture" them, and spend some time alone. Cress was the only one who opposed the plan. But the others were eager to see the guys again.

Wolf came closer to her with every stride. Scarlet could practically see them together again now. Him clinging to her in heart felt embrace. Feeling his warmth radiate of him and his body being drawn to her own. Her desire for these day dreams to become reality expanded as he neared. She was almost within his reach. Her heart was pounding, soaring, squeezing, and healing all at once.

An eternity past, and he finally caught up to her. He stopped her in the most romantic way. With one arm under her shoulder blades and another beneath her knees. He scooped her into the air with triumph. She squealed as if shaken by this action. "You said," Wolf's smile was enough to melt her. "You were going to come out and see me."

"I never said I wouldn't make a break for it first," She giggled. "Can you put me down now?"

"If you're going to run again, no," He pressed his head to hers. "Promise me you'll stay."

"Okay," Scarlet pecked him on the cheek. He flushed with color. "I promise I'll stay."

He hesitantly placed her feet on the floor. His hands met at her waist. Eyes trained on her face as his teeth glistened in the dim hallway. "Why do you like running from me so much?"

"I don't. I like running in general."

"Well, could you stop running from me?"

"I guess," with a fake sigh. "We've known each other for less than an hour and you're already so demanding."

"It's hard not to be when you're as weird as I am."

"You're not weird," Scarlet brought her hand to his cheek. He bent into her touch. "You're just ... unique. I think your more handsome like that."

Scarlet felt warmth creep into his cheek. He was handsome. He is handsome. Wrapping her arms around his neck, tinges of glee embedded themselves into her soul. His grip on her tightened. She wanted this to last for as long as time would allow. One of his hands rose to the back of her head. Riddling his fingers in her ginger locks. "You don't look so bad yourself."