2- a year later

-jennifer-

Left, right, left, right, left, right, left, I nervously said in my head.

Today are my finals for the first semester, and crap I'm not ready! I checked my wrist watch, and it read 8:35. Tests start at 9:30 but it was mandatory that we arrive at the test center 30 minutes before the test centres.

So I woke up early in my apartment, exactly 5:00, then did my daily routines: exercise, take a bath, dress up, eat, then pack my bags. Since I had so much time before it starts, I spent my time studying. After how many minutes of studying, I got my stuff, placed them in my car, and then drove away to University of Sydney, which is just a 10-minute drive from my apartment if you ask.

And now I'm here, on my way to the burden I've been working on for how many months. I really need to top this sh*t off or I'll punish myself for spending those months studying so hard for this, and not getting enough sleep.

Yes, guys, I'm still that nerd you knew a year ago.

I arrive extra early at the test centre. I checked my wrist watch, and it was still 8:40. Wow, a 5-minute walk going here. Yeah.

I looked around if there was anyone, and yes, there was. There were more than 30 people here in the testing centre. One of the things I love in uni? The students here actually love to be early to arrive in school, and they actually value punctuality. I mean, I understand why high school students do that, but then I prefer this kind of way.

Anyway, as I walked through the hallways, I spotted Tiffany, my best friend. She was muttering some words under her breath as she read something from a text book. I called out, aware that I'm bothering her, "Tiffany!"

She looked up from her book, and smiled. She greeted back, "Oh, good morning, Jen!"

I approached her, then asked, "What subject are you reading?"

She answered, "Oh nothing, just <Psychology subject>!" She laughed nervously, then continued reading the book. I told her, "Tiffany, you're going to do fine! I mean, your grades are always high in Psych!"

"Dude, I'm nervous, okay? I need to get high grades for this shiz, ugh!" Then she returned to reading. I playfully rolled my eyes and laughed quietly at her nervousness. Since I also need to study some more details, I took out my book and browsed through them, remembering every little detail.... though let me tell you about my best friend, Tiffany.

Tiffany Lawrence, my best friend. I remembered the day we first met. We first met on the first day of uni. I was being avoidant and quiet in the classroom (I never experienced feeling that confidence of being able to talk to other people), because some of my classmates now, used to be classmates or schoolmates in high school. I, on the hand, recognized some of them, but we never actually talked, or I think they just don't recognize me. Then being friendly af, she introduced herself. I somewhat freaked out because nobody has ever tried approaching me then talking to me like that. I remember the last time it happened was I was in Year 8. She continued talking to me. Then, we started hanging out, studying together, ever sharing each other's school, or working out together. Yeah, we were best friends.

When she spoke, there was a certain accent on the way she said words. Then I realized, she was American. She told me she was from San Diego, California, and she got here in University of Sydney because she has an uncle who's a professor here, and so her parents insisted she takes college here. Also, since she has a really big brain (she's so smart), she got a scholarship program. Wow, why didn't she just go to Harvard?