Chapter 34

"How are you?" I asked Michelle as I sat down beside her on the end of the swimming pool, dipping my feet in the cold yet relaxing water. I had noticed that she'd been crying for over ten minutes now. At first, I thought I didn't want to involve myself because I knew that it had something to do with Casper. I saw them arguing about something earlier, I just didn't want to interrupt. "Michelle, talk to me." I pleaded after awhile of silence from her part.

"It's okay." She gave me a weak smile through her tears. "It didn't have anything to do with you."

"That's not what I was thinking," I admitted. "I just want to help. What happened between you two then? Is there anything I can help with?"

"No," she mumbled. "It's fine, Diana. Don't worry about it."

I just nodded and stood up, offering my hand for her to take to help her up. She gladly accepted my helping hand and joined me while I walked back towards the kitchen where the other girls were hanging out.

"Can you imagine?" She suddenly inhaled a sharp breath, "This week has already passed. It's only three left now. It's the pair ceremony tomorrow."

"Yeah I know," I mumbled. I was so unsure about tomorrow's pair ceremony. I didn't know if Justin would stand by me again. I didn't want him to, I was still thinking about what my reaction and choice would be IF he stood by me. Although I know for a fact that Edwin will not stand beside me since he and Bella had become great buddies with each other. I think they'll stand together. It didn't bother me at all, I'm happy for him. My thoughts were all about Zac at the moment. I want to know where he'll stand himself tomorrow, and I think I might slightly hold on to the hope that he'll stand by me. "It's crazy to think that this paradise hotel time has gone so quickly. It was supposed to last for five months."

"It did last for five months, Diana." Michelle pointed out while giggling quietly for herself. I just nodded in agreement, knowing that it was true even though I didn't want to think that it was. It for sure didn't feel like it's been five months already. "In three weeks."

"I know that too."

We both sat down on the counter once we reached the kitchen. I tried to hear what the others were talking about so that I could join their conversation, but failed once I realized that they were talking about some sport I had no idea about. Curling. Who the hell plays curling when they are around twenty? They were talking about how to get points or whatever.

"Can you pass the sugar, Diana? It's right beside of you." Cora's voice was heard and I don't know why I did it, but I glared at her. It came automatically. She frowned at my action but smiled and thanked me once I gave in and gave her the salt. Couldn't she had reached for it herself?

I watched her (still glaring holes into her back) as she poured some of it down in a chocolate kind of batter and I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what the hell she was making. I was about to ask, then I remembered that I have decided to not talk to her. I think it's because I saw her and Justin earlier, talking, very intensely. I know I shouldn't overreact, I don't have the rights to. I especially don't have the rights to tell Justin who to be with or not in here. I told him that I'm clearly not going to be with him, so he must obviously find another to stand with if he wants to continue playing this game. Maybe he'll play with Cora. I shouldn't be jealous, I know that already. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

"So, what's your plans?" Josephine popped out of nowhere as she jumped up beside me on the counter, giving me wide curious eyes and a slight smirk on her face.

It must have caught onto other people's attention, because everyone turned around (except for Cora, who continued to bake while pretending she wasn't there - I was having a slight feeling that it might be because she wants to hear gossip and then tell Justin about it) and stared at me. Obviously waiting for my answer. They all wanted one. I just shrugged, didn't know what to tell them. Honestly, I did not have any plans. I don't know how to build up plans, I just do whatever comes to my mind at the time. I guess my "plan" was to play with Zac right now. But I couldn't tell everyone that, especially not when Cora is here. She could easily go and tell Justin that. I don't need to cause him more pain right now.