Chapter 1: First Day Back

The picture is of Katie Coleman, who is played by Vanessa Morgan.

Abby's POV
I jolt awake at the sound of my alarm clock. It's Monday morning and the first day back to school after Christmas break. Yay! Note the sarcasm.

Turning of the alarm, I climb out of my nice, warm bed and into the cold air of the room. Plus the darkness from outside doesn't help the feeling of the cold. Looking over to Stephanie I see she is still asleep.

Stephanie is one of the other foster kids in this house. She is 8 years old and we share the room, which I don't really mind. The other 2 foster kids are Miguel, who is 15 years old, and Oscar, who is 2 years old. Oscar has his own small bed room, the smallest in the house, while Miguel shares his room with the Coleman's own kid, Ryan who is 12 years old. They also have a daughter who has her own room because she is the oldest and needs privacy. Her name is Katie and she's 17 years old.

I've been with the Coleman's for just over a year now and it's not to bad here. Sasha and Brian are a nice couple and treat us how they treat there own kids. Plus Katie and Ryan are nice too.

Anyway, I grab some clothes for today and head for the bathroom for a quick shower before breakfast.

=======

I sit down in the kitchen next to Miguel as Mrs Coleman, she prefers just Sasha, finish cooking breakfast. Miguel is half Mexican from his mothers side. He was put in to foster care when he was 5. His mother decided she couldn't cope any more so gave him up and he never knew his dad. He's been with the Coleman's for 3 years.

"The body of missing girl, 15 year old Theresa Gown, has been discovered last night." the woman on the radio was saying, "Theresa is the 7th girl to go missing and be found dead 2 days later with her heart mis-"

Sasha turned off the news station and put on a music station.

"I was listening to that" Miguel complained.
"Sorry but I would rather not have to listen about another poor dead girl, first thing in the morning. It such a shame and I tragic lost of life, I can't even begin to understand how those parents must be feeling".
"I doesn't help them move on when most news channels are talking about the deaths of all the girls" Katie walks into the kitchen.
"If they didn't talk about it the no one would no there was a serial killer on the loose" Miguel stated.
"They can tell everyone there is a killer with out having to remind those poor families everyday about their loses" huffed Sasha.

Personally I think if it was helping to catch the killer the it's fine, but the police are getting absolutely nowhere!

"Breakfast is ready!" Sasha yelled through the house.
"Coming" a voice from upstairs yells back.

There is a clattering of footsteps and in the kitchen doorway appeared Ryan, Stephanie and Brian (Mr Coleman) carrying Oscar. Sasha dishes out breakfast and everyone tucks in.

=======

Sasha takes Oscar to play group and Stephanie to school, while Katie drives us to the high school. By us I mean me, her, Ryan and Miguel.

She parks her car up and we climb out of it. We walk our separate ways as we walk into the school.

I find my locker and open it up, shoving the books I don't need into it and the books I need into my bag. The locker opens next to me and I see one of my friends, Lola.

Even though I'm a foster kid, I do make friends. If I didn't, my time in school would be pretty lonely. I usually join in with a group friends and make friends with them. I don't have best or close friends because I don't need the upset of leaving them when I move to a new foster home. I'm I miss the friends I make, but I make sure I don't get to close. It's just easier.