Chapter Two

• Dedicated to Nikita Majukar

People find love in unexpected places. As oppose to me. Nothing normal ever happens to me. Because I found friendship. A friendship that I'd cherish forever.

My best friend - okay this one is so important to choose wisely. I got really lucky with mine. My best friend is funny, intelligent, creative, beautiful, and smart, and very kind. She's also impulsive, frustrating, complicated, childish, but I would not have her any other way. The best part about Namya Sengupta is that she always puts friends first. So if you are ever in any kind of trouble, you know who to call. She has an impact on every person's life she has touched. Whenever we hang out there's hardly a time that we aren't having fun. She is the comedian of our group ( Not by choice :P ). She has this happy go lucky kind of nature, a very presentable personality and this huge heart filled with love and care for everyone. There are times when she gets on my nerves but I still really love her. For she is my bestest friend. She doesn't know it but she makes me relate to this quote:

"Best Friends Are Hard To Find.. Because The Best One Is Already Mine."

And I mean it when I say that. I know it's a little too cliché. But aren't clichés considered to be a cliché for a reason?

We also are 'telepathy sisters'. We can complete each others sentences before it comes out of our mouth. And somehow everytime I'm feeling low, I somehow get a message or a status update or a tweet from her conveying I'm appreciated. Exactly when I need it!

We had been to the same school from the start but it wasn't until 6th grade that we were aware of each others existence. In 6th grade we weren't as good friends as we are now. Yet I hardly remember the time I wasn't friends with her. But soon this acquaintance turned into friendship, a friendship that I wouldn't mind dying for. I remember clearly how on the eve of her 14th birthday I decided to let her know that she was my best friend and I'd written her a letter for the same. I had always been fond of writing. But at that time I wasn't so great at expressing. Its now that I realize that three years back I had written a letter that sounded like a third grader. The next day on her birthday I gave her the letter along with photographs of Robert Pattinson we were quiet obsessed with Twilight then! Another thing we shared was our crazy fan-girling symptom! Any day if we fell in love with a character or actor or anything! The following day the other was bound to get obsessed with the same. But that's a different story all together. And my letter, she really loved it. And I was really glad that she did. What surprises me the most is that a careless girl like her who manages to forget even some of the important things that she needs to remember, has still preserved that letter very carefully. Even though that means in near future I have a threat of being mocked about my writing.. But I really love her for still saving it! It means a lot to me. Knowingly or unknowingly, a small expression or act by one can just make someone's day. Little things do matter much. And that's how I found one of my best friends for life in school :)

Ninth grade was so far the best year for me in my entire school life. That was because me, Namya, Latika another of our best friends sat in a straight line and the icing on cake was that our favorite sir happened to be our class teacher! No wonder when that year was so amazing but it ended very soon. :( Unfortunately in 10th grade I got separated from both of them when I got transferred to another class. But yet we managed to have all the fun in breaks and proxies. Bunking? Nah. We were obedient students. ;) There's one more person I'd like to mention. Misha. In school and almost everywhere we went, we enjoyed troubling Namya a lot. Poor thing was a victim of our puns. And will be forever ^_^

The memories of our school lives are just priceless. It was so amazing that we never wanted it to end. The picnics, study trips, entertainment in the school bus, the fun-in-the-middle-of-the-lecture, jumping on your friend because they were absent yesterday, copying assignments, singing on top of our voices and most of all making fun of each other! Because we knew after that we had to go our separate ways. But the unfortunate day had come. After our farewell, often during vacations we used to get sentimental of never getting to wear our uniforms again, or the games played in the lecture without the teacher noticing, or bunking P.E. and going to the library for reading novels, or the break time fun and even never again hearing some of the amusing dialogues from our teachers. But what we were going to miss the most was seeing each other everyday for the past 5-6 years of our lives.

In school we were an all girl gang of eight. Our farewell came with several promises being made of texting each other everyday, meeting at least once a month, keeping others updated on what's hot and what's not. And so on.. But what hunts the most is that for some just like rules, even promises are meant to be broken. I guess I was too naive a few years ago. Everyone who was nice to me was considered my best friend at some point or the other. But time unravels all the secret and I've come to know who my real friends are. And now only four of us are in touch. Just as we were before. It's truly said that time changes everything. But what's meant to stay forever stays forever. And the four of us are the best of friends even today!

There are a few people who come into your life like sunshine on a gloomy winter morning.

~♥~ Namya ~♥~

~♥~ Latika ~♥~

~♥~ Misha ~♥~

And I love you guys for always being here for me. :)