Chapter Three

"The rest of your life is a long time and whether you know it or not it's being shaped right now. You can choose to blame your circumstances on fate or bad luck or bad choices or you can fight back. Things aren't always going to be fair in the real world, that's just the way it is but for the most part you get what you give. Let me ask you all a question. What's worse: not getting everything you wished for or getting it but finding out it's not enough? The rest of your life is being shaped right now with the dreams you chase, the choices you make and the person you decide to be. The rest of your life is a long time and the rest of your life starts right now."

~ Haley James Scott, One Tree Hill.

Once June arrived, everything changed. It was time for us to mould our future. Make our decisions and take responsibility for it. Results were out and admission processes were about to begin. We chose different paths. I planned on opting for Science and the rest of them opted Commerce. We all went to different colleges, made new friends, got busy. Soon our colleges had begun and Namya, Latika, Misha and I, all went to different colleges. It was a fresh start for all of us. We set foot in new places, with new hopes, new dreams and new friends to make new memories that we will cherish in future. And we were all set for it. Ready to make mistakes and learn from them. That's when we realized that school life was a piece of cake. The smiling, polite faces that had seen each other for 10-12 years were nowhere to be found. Eventually we got used to it. We had to. But yet whenever we saw a kid in our school uniform or a school bus, it made us sentimental and the first thing we did was message each other. What next? We travelled down the memory lane which seemed like a whole new era. Yeah we missed school a lot. Still do.

Everyone got busy with college life. New friends and studies has taken over. But till date, there is not a single day that goes by without us talking. We meet quite often too. We tried our 100% to fulfill our promise. And we are successful. Which gives me strength to go through in the worst days of my life. School thought us most of the things we needed to get ready to face the world but it was only in college that we experienced it. College made us understand that:

"There are going to be many obstacles in one's life but a good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have.."