Now in present

LILY

"Now, students, let us welcome our new student, Rachelle." Ms.Daniela stretches out her arm and a girl walks in. She turns to face us and lets out a little smile. She's a pretty girl, with long hair braided down her back. She's wearing jeans and a yellow top as she probably doesn't have her uniform yet.

"So, Rachelle, why don't you introduce yourself ?"

"Umm, okay. My hobbies are listening to music, playing basketball and..."

"What about your name ?"

"Ummm..you already mentioned it.."

A giggle arises from the class. Ms.Daniela looks away. "Okay then, go and sit there, beside Samantha."

She walks over to Sam's bench and sits down beside her. Sam is sitting on the other side of the class. Ashie's like, three benches in front of her. Anyway, I'm sitting with Kadienne so, yeah. I've got no issues. In the first break, both of us go to Sam's place, like we usually do.

"So, where are you from ?" Sam asks her.

"Rajasthan." Rachelle replies.

"Well, we're a pretty diverse class then." I say. The others exchange puzzled looks.

"I mean, just look around. Most of us are from A.P, Martin,Mike and Ryden are from Tamil Nadu; You, Ashleigh and Ian are from Maharashtra; Rachelle is from Rajasthan; I am from Delhi..."

"Wait, you're from Delhi ?" Kadienne asks, puzzled.

"Technically, I was born in Delhi." I explain.

Soon, the summer vacations come up. I find out something - that Ms.Daniela transferred to another city. I feel relieved.Like she left our lives for good. But I'n wrong...

THAT SUMMER...

I walk in little circles in the conference hall, constantly glancing at my watch. "Do you need any help ?" One of the volunteers asks.

"No. No thanks. I'm fine." I reply. The volunteer smiles and goes back to her work. I glance at my watch one more time.

'When will they be here ?' I think. I turn to the door only to find two girls entering - Kadienne and Ashleigh. "Hey !" I call out. Both the girls notice me. Ashie signals that she'll come over to my place.

Within the next five minutes, Samantha and Rachel arrive at the spot. I glance at my watch once more time.

"Now what ? We're all here !" Kad (short for Kadienne) says.

"No, there's still one more girl who's supposed to come." I say. My gaze then drifts to a girl near the door. Andrea.

We smile at each other once she reaches our place. I introduce the girls to each other.

"Trust me. We are really gonna get along." I assure.

AUGUST 15...

Today is independence day. Our dress code is to wear saffron, white or green coloured dresses. Most of us wear white. We're enjoying before the celebrations when Samantha pulls me into a corner.

"Whoa, what happened ?" I ask her.

"Well, it's just that... you'll have to sit with Ashleigh in Hindi class." She replies with a sad smile.

Samantha and Ashleigh usually sit next to each other in Hindi class. Can this mean...

"Are you moving ?" I ask her in a low voice.

"Yes... to Pune."

"When ?"

"I don't know. It could be after SA-1 or even next year."

I look at Ashleigh for a second, then turn back to her. "Does Ashleigh know ?"

"Yes. She does."

"I wonder if she'll be able to bear it. She's really sensitive when it comes to the topic of people close to her.."

"Let's keep this topic aside for now." Samantha says. We then join in with the rest of the girls.

NOVEMBER 11...

Me and Samantha hug each other. It's her last day here, and we're having our last goodbyes.

"I'll miss you." I whisper.

"Yeah. Me too." She replies.

"Okay. I'll be leaving now." Hannah waves and left the class. Kadienne gasps.

"Lily ! We have to go. Your Van driver..."

I roll my eyes. "Who cares ?"

"But he may leave !"

"Well, let him !"

I don't care for that grumpy driver guy. I just want to spend time with one of my dearest friends.

"Hey. I think we should leave. It's 3:30 and most of the buses have left." Ashleigh says. Sam nods slowly. We walk together for a while, then part ways. I walk with Kadienne, like I usually do.

"Lily ? Can I tell you something ?" Kadienne asks.

"Yes." I reply.

"Hannah isn't really a friend of Samantha, though she claims to."

I stare at her. "Are you sure ?"

"Yes ! Just think about it. Even the girls who weren't so close to Sam stayed. But it was only Hannah that left."

Kadienne did have a point at that moment.

SAMANTHA

2 DAYS LATER, SOMEWHERE IN PUNE...

I walk towards my class, VII-F, in DAV Pune. It's the 'zero peroid' right now. I introduce myself as a new comer to the subject teacher.

The teacher points to a seat beside a girl wearing a pony tail. She kind of reminded me about that FG character Sour Sweet. "Hmmm, why don't you go sit beside Daisy there ? Your class teacher will decide where you shall sit later." She says.

'Daisy ?' I think. Isn't that Lily's sister's name ? Well, maybe there are a lot of people with that name.

I go and sit beside Daisy. A few minutes later, the bell rings and the teacher leaves. Just like in MDAV, the class moves into a hustle-bustle. Daisy moves out of her place and went to talk to some other girl. I notice another girl sitting in the row opposite to me.

"Excuse me, what's your name ?" I ask in the most polite way possible. The girl simply glares at me.

"That's none of your business, OKAY ?!" She growls.

I sigh and looked down. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up. Another girl is looking at her, with a smile

"It's okay. I know. Daisy and Sunny are always like that." She says. "Oh, by the way, I'm Amber."

"Oh. Okay. I'm Samantha. Nice to meet you." I shake hands with her.

"Alright." She grins. "I'll get to my place now. It's the class teacher's class and she's really strict."

"Sure." I nod. Amber gives me a second smile before returning to her place.

Soon, the class teacher arrives, so does Daisy, at our place. I look down. I'm not ready to meet her yet. My past two class teachers, Ms.Sweetcream and Ms.Samara were really nice and friendly. (MS. DANIELA -TEMPORARY CLASS TEACHER- DOESN'T COUNT) I'm really used to such company, and I don't know if teachers here are like that.

"Ma'am, before you begin the class, we've got a new admission." Daisy points to me. I can feel all the stares Daisy's getting. Maybe that's what she was gossiping..er, show off-ing earlier. Sitting next to a new student is a bit of a big deal, sometimes.

"Hmm, yes, why don't you introduce yourself to the class, Samantha ?" She asks.

'Wait. How does she know my name ? Also, that voice..' I think. I stand up and nervously look at. My eyes are wide open in shock when I see who it is.

Ms.Daniela.