Time to Set Things Right

LILY

I pace around while muttering all the while. "Now what ? There has to be some way out.." Ashleigh thumps on the desk on which she's sitting. 

"Don't forget about us. We're here too."

I glance at her. "This is about us. Ms.Samara is depending on us. If we don't fix everything, our class will fall apart and if we ourselves are apart then..." Kadienne puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down, Lily. If we spend time together, we will get together." She assures. I calm myself down.  

"I guess you're right." I say. 

"Hey. I have an idea." Ashleigh gets down and comes nearer. "Since it's the last 5 days, we will be allowed to sit together. We can get back together and fix the class problem." she says. 

"5 DAYS ?!!" I yell anxiously. Everyone stares. I cough and calm myself down. "5 days, right ?" I ask. "We can do this." I say, unsure, and out my hand on the table. 

Kadienne lays her hand on mine. Ashleigh puts hers over Kadienne's. 'We can do this.' I think.

ASHLEIGH

DAY 1

I sit down with Kadienne at the last bench. "What's up ?" She asks me. I smile. She should know what I have to say. I call Peter. He must hear it. He always thinks Lily is so innocent.

"You what ? Lily, she well..." 

"What happened to Lily ?" Kadienne asks 

"She.." 

"She ?" Peter asks, getting impatient. 

"She has a crush..."

"What ?!!" They both say together.

"Yes !"

"Who is it ?" Kad asks

"It's..." I look around to make sure no-one's seeing us and whisper his name loud enough for both of them to hear. Kadienne moves back and clasps her hands over her mouth. Peter's mouth just hangs open as if he's hearing of a crush for the first time. I expected this. Even I was shocked when..

"Hey Lily !" I greeted her as she settled in her place. "Hey." She replied. I smirked. "Hey. I heard someone has a..." I stopped. That was enough to make Lily look like she would drop those books she was holding.

"What... n..no ! I... don't !" She said. I shrugged and turned around. I could make out some words Lily was saying.

"Well, actually I do but..." I quickly turned to face her. Lily just stood there staring at me. I grinned. "Who ?" I asked. Just then, the bell had to ring. Lily sighed in relief. "Saved by the bell !" She said and ran off to her 3rd Language class, Spanish. "You can't escape just like that, Lily." I mumbled. 

Later..(In the flashback)

I tapped the desk in front of me and waited for Lily. "Anything wrong, Ashleigh ?" Rachelle asked. I shook my head. 

'There she is.' I thought as I saw Lily coming. She sat next to me. I know I smile sweetly, but now, I needed to smile 20% sweeter. I gave Lily my sweetest smile. This had to work. 

"Hey Lily. You know what ? I think you're the second most awesome person in Seventh class. I want to be like you. You always get  the first rank and..."

"Just get to the point, okay ?" Lily said.

"How did you...?" manage to spoil my totally awesome plan ? Of course I din't say that.