Secrets And Lies

I felt a sudden rush of adrenaline as I realised I was alive. But suddenly the pain hit me hard and every inch of me hurt. I looked to my side where the viewing window was and I saw Juliet and Chris having a heated debate. I heard Juliet yell "He was dead because he loves you and all you're worried about is Lozz using you? Wow Chris. I expected better. I'm ashamed" She gave him one last glare before entering the room. She sat next to me with an exhausted smile taking my hand in hers. "You frightened me Ricky, I thought I lost you" I studied her. Her hair was tied up in a messy ponytail, her eyes were red and sported faded black rings under them. She was wearing my hoody which made me smile. "I'm sorry about your game" I told her tucking her stray hairs behind her ear. "Shush It's fine it's sunday afternoon now. You were dead on arrival so I had a breakdown at reception and they saved you" She laughed as she told me. I smiled "Have you slept?" I asked calmy. She looked at the floor "I didn't want to leave you" she whispered confirming she hadn't. "Go home Ju, go back to Ghost. I'm in good hands". I signalled to Chris to come in, he entered a hint of guilt and sadness in his eyes. "Take Ju back to Ghost please" he nodded and looked at her and she looked back. "I'm sorry" they said at the same time. They embraced in a tight hug before Chris escorted her out of the room. I went back to sleep happy. 7 hours later Ju and Chris had reappeared and were sat with me. I was pretty sad and I didn't know why so Ju was trying to cheer me up. "Back in the day before me and Ghost got together I had a huge crush on Chris. I used to be obsessed with his thighs! But Ghost has got nicer legs" all 3 of us laughed and she winked at Chris. Ju suddenly looked awkward. "I'm gonna go grab a coffee" she said before leaving in a rush. Chris smiled at me and touched my hand so gently it was like I would break otherwise. I stroked his hand but noticed a dirty red stain on his knuckles. "Found out who hurt you" he need so no more. I kissed his hand. He used his free hand to gently caress my face. "Me and Lauren finished. She loves Angelo, he accepted straight away" I nodded, it was fairly obvious. "I also dumped her because I love you. Ever since our eyes connected on the field" he confessed and even though I was in severe pain I wanted to jump for joy. He saw my change of mood and kissed my head, slowly moving his lips to mine. They touched almost embracing in a kiss.. Ju came bursting through the door "No coffee" she said. She saw mine and Chris' hands entwined. She raised her eyebrows and we nodded at the same time together. She screamed "YAY!" at us before hugging us both. Even with my broken bones and scars my heart was beginning to fix.