Someone New .

We walked into the club feeling like the baddest ones there. My confidence was on like level 1,000. My best friend tapped me continuously and pointed towards a really cute stud. I thought to myself ew me dating a girl. I chuckled thinking of that happening. Tamika always knew what was best for me, but maybe not this time. I looked at her and smiled weirdly. "Really Tamika." I said looking at her with a puzzled look. "Yeah girl ya won't know until you try." I had nothing against homosexuals, nothing at all. I just thought that'd be quite a change for me. Although, a change is what I needed, not that much of a change. My eyes widened. Even before I could "try" as Tamika told me to, the girl Tamika pointed out walked toward us. We were the baddest ones in there so, I couldn't blame her.
The girl kindly introduced herself, "Hey, I'm Dreanna, but people call me Dre." I responded "I'm Alissa and this is my best friend Tamika." Pointing towards Tamika. "Y'all looking mighty fine.", said Dreanna. I blushed a little and she noticed that. "Can I get your number Alissa?" I thought about that. "Sure." I said telling her my number.
Dreanna smiled and walked away. Tamika looked at me with a big ass smile. I looked at her and smirked. "I told you ya won't know til ya see if it works out." Tamika said. I responded, "Yeah I guess you're absolutely right."
We turned up for the rest of the night. We drank, we got high, we danced, and we were tired as hell afterwards. Since we were a little too lit to drive we sat in the lounge for about an hour. At this point it was like 1:00 am. We didn't get to the hotel until 1:30 am. As soon as I got in the hotel room I stripped and plopped down on the bed. I looked over and saw that Tamika was already knocked the hell out. I did the same.
I woke up at about 4:00 am and for some odd reason I began to think about Dre (Dreanna). I don't know why, but I felt as though that it'd actually work out. I pushed the thought away and went back to sleep.
I woke up at 12:00 pm in the afternoon. I heard a *buzz*. I looked at my phone and saw two text from an unknown number. I unlock my phone and read the text. It reads : hey Alissa baby it's dre from the club last night. Then another saying : wanna meet up sometimes? I responded saying : hey dre, sure I wouldn't mind meeting. I added a kissy face emoji.
5 minutes passed by and I heard my phone buzz. Dre said : today where do you stay? I responded telling her that I was at a hotel. I told her which one and she said she'd pick me up at 3. That meant I had 3 hours to get ready. I woke Tamika up. "Best friend get your hung over ass up!" I said. "Bitch I'm worn out." "Well I'm about to go out with Dreanna in a little bit." Tamika's eyes widened. "What?! You're really gonna try it out Alissa?" "Yup can't hurt to try." She looked at me, still in shock. I simply smiled. I got out the shower and put on the best clothes that I packed. Not that I was trying to impress Dre, but I needed to give a good "second impression".
I flat ironed my hair and put my makeup on. By the time I was done it was 2:30. Dre texted me and said she was on her way. I smiled at my phone for some reason. I was kind of excited at the fact that I had gotten over Drew.
20 minutes later, Dre called me and told me to come outside. I walked outside looking fine as hell. No one had told me that I was, but I was feeling myself. Dre pulled up in an all black Jeep truck. She rolled down the window and yelled "get in!" As soon as I got in she said "Wassup". I said "hey I'm glad you came because I didn't know what me and Tamika were gonna do today." She responded saying "I'm glad you let me come because I really wanna get to know you." For some reason I caught this vibe that made me feel like we'd take this further. Although I wanted something with Dre, I didn't wanna rush. "I wanna get to know you too." She looked at me with a very passionate look and said "There's really something about you, and I barely know you at all." I looked at her and thought the same. I simply smiled and said "Same". She smiled back.
I didn't know where she was taking me because we had never discussed that. We had been driving for 20 minutes now so, I was kind of confused. 5 minutes later, we pulled up to a restaurant. Good, I thought because I was hungry as hell. Dre came on my side of the truck and opened the door for me. What a gentlemen- oops I keep forgetting that she's a girl. This is going to take some getting use to, but she looks just as if she's a boy. Dre had a temp fade, earrings in both ears, a white T-shirt, some Zara jeans, and butter timberlands. I can't lie, she did look mighty good. I stared and licked my lips, thinking of things that I shouldn't have been thinking of.
We walked inside the restaurant that I'd never been to before. It smelled so good. I glanced up and saw the menu on a shelf. I grabbed one and Dre looked over my shoulder. "What do you have in mind?" She said. "I think I'm gonna have the fettuccine and shrimp pasta." She responded and said "Mmmm think I might have the same." I chuckled a little. We got seated and ordered. As we waited we shared small talk. I told her how I had never dated a girl and she told me that's gonna change.