{chapter five} big dipper

The warm morning sun flooded over my skin as dawn arrived. The silky duvet cocooned around my body felt heavenly. I smile crossed my lips; I actually felt like I had enough sleep.

I'm about to outstretch my arms out to the sides of me to relieve the pain in my back when feeling fingers intertwined in my hair, startled me.

"Morning beautiful," a voice cooed in my ear.

My eyes grow to the size of golf balls and the hair on the back of my neck stood straighter than ever. Who the hell was in my bed? And why was my back in such pain?

What the fuck was going on?

Who or whatever it was breathed heavily onto the back of my neck making my stomach flutter. I do the brave thing, and roll side ways to see what was going on.

It's Jace.

Of course it is. How did I forget last night? Suddenly the fear in my chest settled as I breathed out to smile. "Morning," I said.

His brown eyes scanned over mine as he fiddled his fingers throughout my hair. "You are the worst to sleep with," he admitted.

"Good to know," I muttered, trying not to seem embarassed. "What time is it?"

I placed my elbow on my pillow and rested my head in my hand as Jace turned over to check his clock. "Eleven thirty-six."

"Oh my God! Why didn't you wake me earlier?" I exclaimed hopping out of the blanket that was capturing me. I donned the shirt I had taken off during the night and scooped up my shoes. I turned towards Jace, who hadn't moved an inch. "Come on!"

He rolled over and buried his face in the pillow. "I'm not going to school today," he mumbled through the muffled pillow. I threw a shoe at him.

"Ow, what the hell?" he complained facing me.

"Come on!"

"I 'said' Im not going to school."

"Why not?" I snapped.

"'Cause I'm tired."

I groaned and dropped the shoe I had left and my purse and sat down on his bed, gazing down at Jace. His eyes were already closed and his face was buried deep in his pillow. I sighed slightly and stood up. I crossed Jace's room towards the large window and cracked open the shutters wide.

The light bathed over Jace's bare torso and I watch as the rays engulf and tangle around his round face and fit body. I feel as if I could sit here for hours. Finding new ways to be awed each minute because the daylight seemed to want him.

Kind of like how I wanted him.

My eyes widened and my hand clasped over my mouth. Did I really just think that? I can't. I can't want him. What did that even mean? It had roughly been four, maybe five days? No one can do that.

Especially me.

"What?" Jace asked. His eyes were now open and they were staring back intently at my own.

"Nothing," I shrugged, smiling slightly. I fell at his side and wrapped up in the duvet. "So if we're not going to school, what were your plans for the day?"

I honestly was just wishing he would say something like staying here for the day. I wished that we could lie in bed all day, under the covers. Because it's cold outside, and he would keep me warm. I'd play with his hair and draw circles on his back. And kiss him. Again and again, over and over.

I closed my eyes and sighed. A laugh bubbled in my stomach as I though about it. What was I doing? There was seriously something wrong with me.

"We could. . ." he trailed off. He watched me smiling at him and questioned, "What?"