Chapter 15

Emily's Pov:

I avert my eyes from the woman behind the desk. Her eyes felt like they were searching for my soul. Not really, the way she was looking at me just scared me. I kinda slid behind Anna as in attempt to make it seem like I'm shy.

"young lady please come here" the old woman demanded.

I slowly moved from behind Anna and stepped forward. I chewed on the inside of my cheek as my head fell towards the ground. I played with the strings on my hoodie.

"You will no longer be, Emily Rae Smith, no. From now on, you will be know as Emily Rae Kendrick,"

I couldn't help, but smile brightly.

"You will no longer be the daughter of Elizabeth and James Smith. Ms. Kendrick will now be your guardian and parent"

I look back at Anna. She had a bright, bold smile that showed her white pearl teeth. My smile grew twice as big. This isn't something I've ever thought would really happen. This has just been in my dreams a few weeks ago and now...now it's actually happening.

"All I need is both of your signatures and then you two are free to go"

I sign mine and so does Anna.

"I hope you have a wonderful day, miss" I quietly say.

She looks at me and a smile makes its way upon her face.

"I will, thank you, Emily"

From this day forward, my life will never be the same. At least that's what I think.

_________

Yeah, sorry for this being a sucky and short chapter. Yes, I had publish something about me not writing this story anymore, but I miss it and we gotta know what happens later on so.....