Part 8

David's (the doctor) POV:
She closes her beautiful eyes and she thinks. Poor girl, what's wrong with her? I've had a lot of patients but this one is different. I feel a huge responsibility for this one. I care way too much. Okay I've to keep this professional. But I can't. Why? Why not? Why is this so difficult. Time's up I've to let her stop thinking. Thinking too long is not right either. "Spencer?"
She keeps her eyes closed. "Spencer!" I say with a harder voice. She slowly opens her eyes that are filled with tears.
"Please tell me. What's going on in your head?"
"Demons." She whispers.
"Demons?"
"Yeah, they all started it. They woke me up of my peaceful life."
"Go on..." I'm worried right now. I've never heard this before. She is so sad and ill that she starts to think bout demons.
"First my parents divorced. I was little, I needed my daddy by my side. He was there but not the whole time. I only see him four times a month. My mom remarried some guy and he was weird. He did a lot of stuff that was illegal. I'm talking bout...." And she shuts her mouth.
"Sexually?"
"And he used drugs."
"Did he gave you some?"
"Yeah."
I can hear the crack in her voice, she bout to cry.
"Whatever, so he did all of that stuff with me for like 4 years. After that, they divorced."
I don't know why I've this feeling but I'm getting mad.
"How come? The divorce."
"Because of me."
"So you told your mom about it?"
"My school did."
"Your scho...."
"Yeah my school. I told my sister and she told the school."
Is she getting mad at me? I do my job and try to focus. I write how how she talks and react when she says something. That's important. I can see how much it is a problem.
"Do I've to go on?"
"Yes, please. If it's not too much."
"I do this because I wanna go home."
"I understand, go on."
She looks at me and then to her fingers.
"Since the school knew it, there was a long shitty process. That built an big pressure on me. It remembered me everything and that it was all wrong what he did."
"How did you react at school?"
"It was different. I was constantly overthinking. So I changed and become in some kinda distance with people. I've lost a lot self confidence and trust. And people saw that and left me slowly."
She cries.
"You're so brave." And she smiles.
"You're funny mr. Peterson."
"I'm serious, I've never had a patient that told me so much all in once. That means that you're not weak."
"Thanks, but are we done now."
And the tears keep falling of her cheek.
"Yeah, I guess we did enough today. I'm going to have a meeting about this conversation and see what we can do."
"Okay..." She says shy.
We both stand up and I put my hand on her shoulder. And she looks straight into my eyes.
"You're gonna get through this, and not all alone."
She smiles and goes to her room.