SKYRIM - Brynjolf x Dragonborn

The back of her throat burned as Xaeva was leaning over the toilet seat for the third time today. Her strangled gargles could be heard throughout the whole cistern where the thief's members could do nothing but worry for their guild master.

Pulling herself back up with half lidded eyes, she wiped her mouth with the back of her nightingale armor and sighed to herself as she leaned back on the cracked bricked wall with a hand over her stomach. What on earth did she eat that would make her feel so sick she could throw up everything inside her.

"you alright there Lass?" Familiar red hair appeared at the end of Xaeva's door as he slowly made his way towards his lover folded over the floor. She looked up and met his lime green eyes swimming with worry for his partner. She just shook her head, her black hair falling in bangs and stings over her shoulders, the hair grip long forgotten as soon as she jumped out her bed to rush to the toilet.

"It must have been something I've eaten back in the Black-Maire Briar the other day...'' she shook her head at the thought, her mind still in shambles. Brynjolf took it upon himself to carefully hoist Xaeva in his strong arms and direct her back to her bed. He felt guilt and sadness whenever he turned his gaze towards you. Never did he think that he would see you so fragile and weak before.

As soon as he placed Xaeva back on her bed, she sat up and threw a hand over her mouth, clasping her lips tightly as to keep back the vomit from coming up again. Being used to this scenario for over three weeks now, he slipped out the deep bowl for under Xaeva's bed before placing it underneath her. She quickly wrapped a shaking arm around the bowl before emptying out her stomach, dry heaving as much as she could. Brynjolf let out a sigh as he watched her with furrowed brows.

"I think it's about high time we see a doctor"

"no-!" She managed to choke out, waving her hand in front of her with eyes closed.

"I don't need a doctor" Her weak voice managed to reach her lovers ears even though it came out as barely a whisper.

''A health potion would suffice, just get me another bottle of that red liquid"

"You've finished the whole supply Lass." After he heard no response, he sat on her bed, forcing it to dip under his weight as he ran a hand through Xaeva's black mess of tangled hair. She looked up at him with tears brimming in her eyes and stitched brows. He kissed her forehead at the sight of her. The way her hands would shake when she grips his arm tightly, and how her face seemed so drained and pale as a ghost; she seemed as if she would break under his care any moment now. She looks so vulnerable right now that the sight of her causes Brynjolf's chest to tighten uncomfortably.

"Please just see a doctor for my sake..." She averted her eyes from him, and after a long while she nodded her head, tears kissed away by her lovers rough lips.

"But don't leave my side when he's here, you know as well as everyone else how much I despise doctors"

"I never planned on leaving you since the beginning lass." At his words, he pressed a chaste kiss on her forehead, sealing the promise, before he pulled back and stood up, a warm smile evident on his lips the whole time.

"I'll go get the doctor" Xaeva nodded as she watched her lover leave the room, leaving her behind as she closed her eyes and waited for his return with the doctor.

------.............---------.............

A gentle shake racked through her body, and her eyes slowly opened up, meeting a pair of green eyes hovering over her. She let out a disgruntled sigh, obviously having been interrupted from her sleep, and glared back at her lover, pulling the blankets back onto herself.