Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto (neither the manga nor the anime) all credits go to Masashi Kishimoto, I only own my original characters.

---

I decided to go to the library so I could find out more about what this 'ninja' were supposed to do and what they could do, I noticed that I few people stared at me, even though this place is full of people they seem to know each other and who the foreigners are.

After getting lost a few times and asking for directions for 3 different people I reached the library, which seemed pretty big and ...unused. Lol this people don't read a lot, do they?

I opened the glass doors and headed to the person behind the desk.

''Excuse me, could you tell me where the books about ninjas are?'' 

''Sure, just write here your name, last name and signature and you'll also have to do this when you leave. Do you see that front corridor? Pass that to the left and go to the section that says ninja ''

''Thanks.''

 I did as she said and I was able to find it with no problems and I started to skim through the books, there was one that was tittled Path of the Ninja, Ninjas, Protection etc.

Where should I start?

I grabbed a book that looked like a dictionary and I sat at the table. 

Ninja or shinobi - a person trained in ancient Japanese martial arts and employed especially for espionage and assassinations. It comes from Japanese, nin- persevere, conceal, move stealthily + -ja person

The functions of the ninja include espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations. Am I supposed to kill people?

Ninjas use Taijutsu, Ninjutsu and genjutsu, as well as weapons. What's a Jutsu?

A Jutsu refers to the abilities ninja can use.

Ninjas use jutsus by manipulating a form of energy known as chakra, a combination of the physical and mental energies into either of the other two main jutsus.

Chakra is the basic energy source necessary for ninjas to perform most jutsu. Ninja produce chakra through the combination of their two energies: the physical energy, drawn from the trillions of cells that make up the human body, and the mental energy, gained through experience and meditation. Once created, chakra moves throughout the body in a manner similar to the circulatory system and is delivered to one of 361 chakra release points. By performing a sequence composed of any of twelve different hand seals, chakra can then be manipulated to create supernatural effects, such as walking on water.

Okay my head hurts...

Ninjutsu is a vague term referring to almost any technique that uses chakra and allows the user to do something that they otherwise would be incapable of doing. Unlike genjutsu, which makes the opponent see illusions, the effects of ninjutsu are real. They vary greatly in purpose, with the simpler ninjutsu serving such tasks as transforming the user or allowing them to evade attacks. These techniques are often second-nature for experienced ninja, who can use them at will. More complex ninjutsu manipulate one's surroundings or utilize the elements, respectively serving such tasks as healing others or manipulating basic elements. Techniques that involve the manipulation of elements are called "Nature Transformations." This allows the manipulation and usage of basic elements like fire, wind, lightning, earth and water, and more advanced elements like ice, wood, lava, crystal, dust, steel, scorching heat, and magnetism. However, advanced elements can not be accessed by all ninja as advanced elements can only be used through the use of a kekkai genkai.