Suprise

"Erm, uh. Sorry Luke now isn't really a good time. I really would like to hang out sometime." I mumble the words very unintelligently.

"Yeah. I understand. Just forget I ever said anything." He says sounding defeated.

"It's not that I don't want to go on a date with you. I'm just in a very complicated position right now. I have an idea how about we talk about over coffee at The Grind." I say.

"Well I guess but only if you are going to tell me everything that is going on " he says

"I promise."

%%%%%%
After my awkward conversation with Luke I decide to finally drag myself out of bed and get dressed.

"Mia what do you want, pancakes or waffles?" My mom asks from downstairs.

"Neither. I'm meeting Luke at The Grind."

"Okay. After you come back we can go to the mall."

This is exactly why I love my mother.
*******\(* *)/
When I arrive at The Grind I see that Luke is just ordering his coffee while waitress trying so desperately to flirt with him and he continues to turn her down. Of course he was super nice about it because that's just Luke being Luke.
"Are you ready to finally spill the beans, miss mystery girl."

"Well my life is pretty confusing and its a long,long story." I say trying to avoid the subject just a smidge.

" Come on, you promised."

"Okay. I used to date a senior named David but I was always in love with my childhood best friend. The problem was my brother was super protective and he hated my brother. It wasn't until David moved into the neighborhood I got a little distracted from Jake. When we got to high school David asked me out and I said yes. We dated for about a year. One day after school, I saw my best friend kissing my , well, other best friend. I was infuriated with her. I didn't speak to her for a week. But I did forgive her. After a few more weeks passed, my other best friends girlfriend began to bully me and I know we are 'besties'. This was after he broke up with her. So Jake asked me on a double date with my other other best friend Ashley. When he came to pick me up he was bloody and bruised. He explained to me that David decided to use him as a punching bag. I'm sorry I talk a lot."

"That is a lot to comprehend. However, I think it's good that you didn't lose your best friend over a boy. The whole David and Jake thing is confusing but I think I can shine some light on the situation. David is jealous because he thought you would come crawling back but now he sees you thriving and it's killing him and can't hurt you anymore so he hurts the ones around you."

" That actually makes a lot of sense. I'm really glad I talked to you"

"So will you tell me your name now?'

"Maybe tomorrow"